Favourite Drummer, Bass player Combo

zepplin92

Hey, drummerworld community ive started to jam with my brother alot lately who plays the bass. We were wondering who some of the greatest combo's from all styles are and what makes them great. Right now were working on some Chad and Flea stuff. All Recemondations are appriecated. Post Away

right now?

steve jordan / pino palladino (john mayer trio)
carter beauford / stefan lessard (dave matthews band)
alan & neal evans (soulive)
stanton moore / charlie hunter (stanton moore trio)

those are my current favorites...

right now

paul gray (bassist) joey jordison (drummer) SLIPKNOT

all time

cliff burton and lars ulrich for life! METALLICA (R.I.P cliff)

chad and flea so tight its unbelievable and they have the knack of playing whatever speed.

just amazing.

as you can see the RHCP are my favorite band ;P

Les Claypool / Jay Lane (Sausage, Highballs with the Devil)
Paal Nilssen-Love / Ingebrigt Håker Flaten (The Thing, Scorch Trio ...)
Victor Wooten / Derico Watson
Brian Gibson / Brian Chippendale (Lightning Bolt)
Jan Christian L. Kyvik / Kjetil Brandsdal (Noxagt)

I'm going to put a word in here for Tim Commerford and Brad Wilk.

Not that I'm opinionated, BUT... NO NO NO... ya'll got it way wrong! Garabaldi/Rocko without comparison. TOP

Phillip "Fish" Fisher and Norwood Fisher of the legendary FISHBONE.

I can't believe no-one has mentioned John Bonham+John Paul Jones? They were so tight they had to disband when JB died!

I sure wish we had a tight rhythm section. Our bass player hasn't been to the last 3 practises. Thinking maybe it's time to give her the sack...

Thanks guys thats a good stuff, keep them coming i love the Dennis Chambers, and the Paul Jackson and Mike Clark good stuff.

can't figure out if this is a deadly serious observation or a totally sarcastic one! Music is so.... confusing somtimes...

Semi-serious. Moon and Entwistle would be my choice as greatest rhythm section ever so on that end I was serious.

Of course, I wasn't serious when I said to close the thread. Everyone has opinions and there are some other great rhythm sections of exceptional merit.

I am pretty biased when it comes to the Who. I have tried to find a bass player better than John Entwistle from his era, and none exist. Keith Moon I love because of his charisma behind the drums. He brought us drummers from behind the scenes.

Keith Moon and John Entwistle are legends, pioneers, great, awesome and I miss em both.

Paul Chambers- Philly Joe Jones
Paul Chambers- Jimmy Cobb
Jimmy Garrison- Elvin Jones
Ron Carter- Tony Williams
Dave Holland- Jack Dejohnette
Dave Holland- Marvin "Smitty" Smith
Eddie Gomez- Jack Dejohnette
Charlie Haden-Jack Dejohnette
Gary Peacock- Jack Dejohnette
Ira Coleman- Tony Williams

Back