Things a Drummer would never say:

Muckster

Platinum Member
"This house kit rocks!"

Go!

"The guitar player and lead singer give me the best advice! They know drum parts better than me."

"My back feels AMAZING!"

"No, I've never seen the 'Drummer at the Wrong Gig' video on Youtube. Please show it to me!"

"Sure, I'd LOVE to play 'Wipeout' for you!"

"Wow, I have so much money."

"I'm thinking of buying a new car, you know, something compact."

"No, I've never heard of Neil Peart."

"I wish my drums were heavier and bulkier."

"Hey, at least cymbals don't cost too much, you know?"

Things a drummer would never say: "This house kit rocks!"

There are tons of clubs with good sets...

The two Jazz Clubs in Valencia, Spain have great sets, also "Unterfart" in Munich, Germany, a Sonor Lite, a LEGENDARY set everyone played, from Roy Haynes, Billy Hart, Bill Stewart (just to name a few) to anyone you can imagine. Another Club that has an amazing set is the Jazz Club in Neuburg, Germany (an old Gretsch kit), anyway...there are many...

Have you played in many clubs?

Here the Munich Set:
full.jpg

Last edited:
"Wow - those B8's are shiny. They sound great."

"Guitar player - please turn up. My ears aren't bleeding enough yet."

"I could sleep on this throne, it's so comfortable."

"I have too many cymbals."

"Of course you can play my kit with your sledgehammer sticks. Don't be afraid to bash the cymbals hard - they're unbreakable. They're metal, you know."

"My Walmart First Act kit sounds way better than that DW kit."

"Can never get me enough Sweet Home Alabama."

"I really enjoy moving my kit from gig to gig. It's the best part of playing out."

"Be sure to buy any drum equipment that has the word 'Pro' in the name. If it says 'Pro,' then it's really professional quality."

Psssst..... Alex, lighten up...you're way too serious for this thread.

There are tons of clubs with good sets...

The two Jazz Clubs in Valencia, Spain have great sets, also "Unterfart" in Munich, Germany, a LEGENDARY set everyone played, from Roy Haynes, Billy Hart, Bill Stewart (just to name a few) to anyone you can imagine. Another Club that has an amazing set is the Jazz Club in Neuburg, Germany (an old Gretsch kit), anyway...there are many...

Have you played in many clubs?

Here the Munich Set:
full.jpg

You are absolutely correct. Vocals always start mid bar. Don't worry about it. No one will notice when I adjust the beat to accommodate. I'm the drummer and all timing is my job!

"You think I look like Animal when I play? Oh thanks, I haven't heard that before!"

"It's okay, I don't need a monitor."

"I only need one snare drum."

"No, I don't need a drum rug. Having bits of my kit sliding away from me all night sounds like my kind of challenge."

"Ten minute quiet vamp? I love that idea!"

"Sure, person I've never met before who appears intoxicated! I'd love for you to play my kit! Here, try these 2B sticks!"

"You know who's really good at playing for the song? Wailin' Smash, that's who!" (couldn't resist)

My drums are too loud, would anyone mind if I played really softly?

Sure, I'd love to buy a new set of cymbals that you would like better.

Can we play this song at 40bpm? It's too fast.

1-and-a-2-and-a-4

Hey drunk patron, can you carry my bass drum down these steps?

Tighten these stands with those vice grips over there.

Wait, my drums are not in the right key.

Back