Who did we open for?

I saw Steve attach a sheet of paper to the ride cymbal during soundcheck and was curious what it was. When I got a look at it it was his hand written sheet music of what he plays during their intro. They either changed it or he forgot how it went since i don't think they gigged since September, lol.

This gig was actually a corporate event (with 21k people). We played an event for this company last year, and they liked us, so they invited us back for this one.

Yeah, Steve is a fantastic player. He hits the drums so 'matter of factly'. I got to watch him from the side of the stage for most of the show. Unfortunately didn't get anything signed or a chance to talk to him, though. Journey's security guys usher them in and out pretty quickly. I would love to see Steve at a clinic.

That is great! I hope you're not easily starstruck around great drummers like I am. In a similar situation a couple years ago, it was all I could do not to soil myself.

That's cool, did you get anything signed?

I'd love to see the other Steve come back as well!

Not gonna happen. Recently watched an interview with him and he is a 'dont look back, look forward' person. He himself said no more Journey.

Back