What piece of kit do you most dream of owning?

That chick is my favorite chick drummer. She's got character and style, which in my opinion, trumps all. Check her out: http://florrie.com/

Thx for that link....didn't realise she played as well. She is indeed a girl of many talents! Now I'm definitely serious, the gear is up for grabs, I'll just borrow hers.

Might be a good idea if we didn't tell Mrs Pocket though :)

Last edited:
But wouldn't you rather have THIS?

I've had one of those many years ago... trust me on this, over time she will cost you more than that 'Time Machine" drumkit shown!

Go for the gear Man!!

A china. Any really, absolutely love the sound of them. Though at the moment my next actual purchase will be a second crash. Woo budget!

I might get a full stave kit to match my snare, with cases for all drums. And a whole bunch of Sabian AA and AAX cymbals.

Mh, strange situation Polly and Bob, I just sold my 22" Agop Signature.

Well I would like a thin 22" Zildjian Dry Complex (Generation one) at the moment.

Karl
Karl, You're killing me man!
Why did you do such a thing?
I saw the vids of you playing it!
And why didn't you sell it to me?

When I was in high school, a thousand years ago (yes they had high schools back then), I went into the auditorium and there on the stage was a set of timpani drums with the adjustable pedals. Back then you had to be in an elite club to be a member of the band. They did not just take anyone you had to win some lottery and have the right blood type to get into the band. I had never played the timpani before. But that day, I went up on stage and I just started playing them, adjusting the pedals and hitting them with my open hand. The sound of them being played like that must have been heard throughout the whole school. I had a great time until the custodian came in and had me stop. So what would I really like to have as an addition to my kit? A set of timpani drums.

Karl, You're killing me man!
Why did you do such a thing?
I saw the vids of you playing it!
And why didn't you sell it to me?

Haha, well, if I sold it in the USA, it would almost be more expensive than buying a new one at cymbalsonly...
In fact, I didn`t really like the stick sound and now I`m trying to get a Dry Complex verison one instead, I really dig the complex wash. Wish me luck anyway Bob! ;-)

Karl

Re: What piece of kit do you most dream of owning?

The pieces that I most dream of owning are:

1. 24" Paiste Giant Beat Ride

1. Pearl Snare signed off by Ian Paice.

.......and the dream stills going on!

Attachments

• Paiste Giant Beat 24inch Ride.jpg
    Paiste Giant Beat 24inch Ride.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 334
  • PEARL SNARE IAN PAICE.jpg
    PEARL SNARE IAN PAICE.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
So what would I really like to have as an addition to my kit? A set of timpani drums.
Oh, now you're talking. I was lucky enough to be trained on timpani from age 12 through 16. My tutor was the principal percussionist at the Liverpool Philharmonic orchestra. She remains my foundation inspiration to this day. Anyhow, I was trained on a school pair of fibreglass bowl timpani with manual key tuning. After 4 years of instruction, my tutor thought I was good enough to do a performance with the Philharmonic Orchestra. Not a standard concert, a special one were a few youth orchestra guests were allowd to play. I remember stepping up to this stunning old set of 4 pedal tuned copper bowl timpani and starting to play. The Philharmonic hall was designed specifically for classical orchestra acoustics, and the sound was breathtaking. After playing on my own for about 3 minutes (empty hall), I stopped & cried. It was just too emotional. I'll never forget that moment.

So yes please, a set of 4 pedal tuned timps for me please. Don't know when I'd use them, but who cares!

An old Pearl Export kit converted into a tiny kit with a 16" bass drum that was given to me after the owner's wife had heard I was a drummer and wanted to give away her deceased husband's kit. Oh wait. I've just been fortunate enough to have this bestowed. And a privilege it is too.

The pieace of kit i always dream of owning a nice big 12 incher,

erh snare drum that is.

Back