I know this is an age old but...

dankav

Hey guys,

Would switching from an Iron Cobra to DW9000 double pedal make much difference to how fast I can play, or would (as I assume) the difference be so marginal I'd hardly notice?

It has more to do with how you set the spring tension and your foot technique. The cam also has something to do with it, as they all react differently, and could make a noticeable difference. Try out a few different pedals and see what feels best, and try adjusting the spring tension until it feels right to you. Heck, you might even be most happy with a cheapy Pacific pedal...

i just got the axis pedals, but i used the iron cobras for years and years and i loved them. i loosened up the springs i found that it was much easier to to play faster like that, and it makes it much easier for the heel toe method. give that a shot and see how you like it.

No difference.

What will make a difference is your technique. Some players are so fast with a single that they don't need a double. Take some lessons or look for on-line lessons that focus on this issue.

I've been playing for 5 years and it's only this last year that I have got my kick drum working sweetly. Still got further to go, but my control is hugely improved.

Davo

Back