Heads to get a deeper sound

Mastershake16

So i like the sound of my Coated Emps on my drums but i was wondering what other heads could give me a nice deep sound for any type of music i was thinking maybe coated powerstroke threes? or clear PS3 for my toms, my snare is good a coated ambassdor but im not sure

(btw my drums are yamaha tour customs)

deep sound usually has to do with shell depth, diameter and material. Heads will control more resonance than anything. If you are referring to a head that is not as bright sounding then look towards evans, they don't seem to have quite as bright a sound as remo.

thanks, i think ill try out the G2's next and suggestions for bass heads from evans minus the E-mad (the rings fall off apparantly)

thanks, i think ill try out the G2's next and suggestions for bass heads from evans minus the E-mad (the rings fall off apparantly)

been using one on a kit at church for quite some time with no problems I also like the punch of an Aquarian SK1 to me the SK2 is too dead.

For your toms you might also look at the EC1 or G Plus series from evans. Can't go wrong with a coated ambassador or Evans coated G1 on the snare ;-)

coated g2s are brighter than emperors, EC2s aren't but you would have to like the muffled effect. The same is true for Ebony Pinstripes as they are actually thicker plies. However, try different reso heads like Coated Ambassadors and Coated Diplomats and see what you like more.

Back