Drumming cartoons

Thanks for that. Even better looking only helps a bit. Some have beauty, some have brains. And as for the backward shirt. That's the way I bought it. Half price. LOL

You're kidding! I thought the photo has been scanned and somehow reversed. It means your longer tooth is on the wrong side. An artistic tragedy.

I've never seen a backwards logo before - love it that they flog them off at half price. Way to go :)

I thought it was a mirror shot. Love the caricature of you Pol.

You're kidding! I thought the photo has been scanned and somehow reversed. It means your longer tooth is on the wrong side. An artistic tragedy.

I've never seen a backwards logo before - love it that they flog them off at half price. Way to go :)

Oh sweet lady. That was taken with my webcam and yes it is backward. you missed the LOL at the end of the sentence.??? and I don't have a longer tooth. Just bad lighting. But I'm cool.
Edit my tongue is in the way. too funny. My son wondered why the teeth looked so crooked and funny.

Oh sweet lady. That was taken with my webcam and yes it is backward. you missed the LOL at the end of the sentence.??? and I don't have a longer tooth. Just bad lighting. But I'm cool.
Edit my tongue is in the way. too funny. My son wondered why the teeth looked so crooked and funny.

Did you want to sell me the Golden Gate Bridge for just $10k, GD? What a bargain! So all I need to do is email you my credit card no, expiry date and verification number? Sure thing!

Damn, I messed up with the teeth all-round. I'll straighten up the teeth and send you a new one if you like. What did your family say about it, apart from the teeth? They'd probably be the best judges of whether I've captured The True GD or not.

Thanks Larry. That pic was based on a shot from a dinner while I was at a conference in 2006. It was probably the last time I got dolled up :)

Last edited:
My son was the only one that saw it and said I looked more like Jimmy Buffet, especially with the blood shot eyes.

My son was the only one that saw it and said I looked more like Jimmy Buffet, especially with the blood shot eyes.

lol - well, I figured you were the kind of guy who enjoys a good time and your eyes looked a tad red in the shot, although that could have been the photo's tint.

Would you like your teeth straightened and a few drops of EyeClear? Makes me feel like a cross between an orthodontist and chemist.

Just to keep the "entertainment" happening" here, this one was based on The Good Wife's Guide :)

yarts_goodwifesguide.jpg

Well I never did partake in the good time herb, so I will allow you to play both orthodontist and chemist before I print it and take it to work. Thanks my lady.

I could imagine caricatures about some the Drummerworld home page drummers

Mike Portnoy with a huge kit with 4 kick drums, 3 snare drums, 8 toms, 8, cowbells, a set crotales, 8 octobans, about 20 cymbals...and a gong.

Terry Bozzio with a drum kit with five kick drums and 60 toms arranged like piano keys, caption reads: melodic drumming.

Phil Collins behind that kit that the Gorilla uses...with a hexagonal electronic snare drum.

An old drum kit with deep cannon sized toms, caption reads: POWER TOMS!!!1

Mike Mangini, with sticks just appearing as a faint blur. Caption reads: Chops!

Well I never did partake in the good time herb, so I will allow you to play both orthodontist and chemist before I print it and take it to work. Thanks my lady.

So you don't enjoy the odd drink? More than one way to have red eyes ...

At some stage tomorrow I should have the chance to sanitise you :)

Nice work with the "Good Drummer's Guide" Polly! It's going to be really tough for me not to print that out and hang in our practice room! I'll probably break down and do it anyway - with your permission, of course!

I use to imbibe but my blood pressure meds keep me from doing so now. I am a very boring dude with few vices. I appreciate your efforts in the sanitation dept.

Mike, by all means hang up the GDG.

The Drummers' Liberation Movement started in the 60s whereas the women's movement took a bit longer to get going. Personally, I'm happy to be a stay-at-home Drum these days, just minding the beats and cleaning up any messes the others make. But only as long as my "husbands" give me a decent allowance so I can at least go shoe shopping every now and then!

GD, I've sent over your sanitised print-size picture to reflect your born-again boring dude status. Not a bad way to be if you want to stay healthy. If you're prone to high blood pressure I'd steer clear of those feel / groove / steaks vs chops threads ...

Received the sanitized version this A.M., Saturday morning here, and I appreciate your efforts.

Here Polly, Have some fun with this one.
They look really good so far.

Attachments

• IMG_2407.jpg
    IMG_2407.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 984
Ooh, this sounds like fun!

Here's a suitably hilarious picture should you run out of commissions.

Attachments

• Ben Drums At Alton.jpg
    Ben Drums At Alton.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 1,086
May I ask what software/hardware you used to create these glorious pieces.??

May I ask what software/hardware you used to create these glorious pieces.??

Sure. Happy to give this product a plug because they create a quality product at a fraction of the cost of equivalent "name" products. It's called Xara Xtreme. I only use a small proportion of its capabilities because that's all I need for what I want to do.

It's great for me because, unlike Al Parrot, my hand drawing is not very good, eg. here's an example, scanned from a notepad doodle during an early morning meeting around 2000/1.

Attachments

• Not-a-Morning-Person.jpg
    Not-a-Morning-Person.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 981
Back