What I've been using..

latzanimal

Silver Member
I've been filling in for a guy I work with's band. Classic rock.. so I decided to go big or stay home...

13, 15, 18 over double 26's...

IMG_0481 (Medium).jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0482 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0482 (Medium).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 11,077
  • IMG_0483 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0483 (Medium).jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 20,328
  • IMG_0484 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0484 (Medium).jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 15,286
  • IMG_0485 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0485 (Medium).jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 15,556
  • IMG_0492 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_0492 (Medium).jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 39,661
I love the double kick, single rack tom look ... shades of early Tommy Aldridge...

I LOVE your kit!! It has such a cool feel! What cymbals are you using? Especially on your hats!

-Jonathan

Nice kit man

But it looks like you might need a bigger drum riser lol, I get nervous just looking at it :)

Thanks guys..

Harry, I've always been a TA fan. If you seen my other rack, its obvious.

Jonathon, cymbals L to R are all Zildjian except for the ride: 16 thin cr, 16 A Custom Projection cr, 16 med cr, 18 med crash, with a 12 A Custom splash, 14" combo hats (Oriental trash hat top & bottom New Beat), the 16" Oriental trash (from the set) and a Sabian 21" Larrie Londin Ride....

Loffler, not to worry, that rack is not going anywhere especially with my fat butt in the throne....

I like the 13/15/18. That's what I usually play as well. Sometimes I put up a 12" instead of the 13" but that's the exception. It's an unusual combo, but I'm surprised more people don't use it.

Sweet looking kit you have there. I love the the two 26" kickers. I'll bet those rumble up even the biggest of rooms.

Is that a 14" china used at a top hat or did Zildjian actually make Oriental Hi Hats? I have a 16" China Trash and I absolutely love it.

Last edited:
Woa I bet you can break windows with that beast. What are the electronics?

The electronics are 2 - 6" Dauz pads and an old Polekat plugged into an original Yamaha DTX. there are also triggers on the kicks...

I wish I could find a new polekat...

Sweet looking kit you have there. I love the the two 26" kickers. I'll bet those rumble up even the biggest of rooms.

Is that a 14" china used at a top hat or did Zildjian actually make Oriental Hi Hats? I have a 16" China Trash and I absolutely love it.

Thanks everyone.

Zildjian did (maybe still do) make and sell trash hats. They were a combo of a regular cymbal paired with an oriental trash 2" inches bigger than the top. I've found that this trash hat top sounds great with a normal/heavy bottom cymbal, so I've split my pair up...

If those are 26" bass drums that kit must be massive in person. Very nice!

I'm surprised I'm the first person to ask what that snare is... looks like a marching snare to me, or maybe that's because I'm tired lol

I'm surprised I'm the first person to ask what that snare is... looks like a marching snare to me, or maybe that's because I'm tired lol

The snare is a 6-ply (like the rest of the drums) 8 x 14 Coliseum in Blue Marble finish from '94 with aluminum die cast hoops... The other snare I used is an 8 x 14 segmented tulipwood that I made....

The single tom and two bass drums kinda look like a chode.

Cool kit.

Back