DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #121  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
SickRick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
You can't save data or modify files much.
Was this a serious post?
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Was this a serious post?
I mean backup data. When I've tried to do it on a Mac, it ain't easy. Maybe things have changed and Macs are intuitive now.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:35 PM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
Hey! My apple doesn't glow on my 27" iMac. What's up with that. :)
Wow, it must be like that on purpose. Because nothing ever breaks, fails, corrupts or goes kaput on the Mac.

Must be the creativity sensor app. You aren't creative enough to use a Mac so the Apple thingy doesn't light up. Take it back or install some Beatles albums. Yeah, that ought to work.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Wow, it must be like that on purpose. Because nothing ever breaks, fails, corrupts or goes kaput on the Mac.

Must be the creativity sensor app. You aren't creative enough to use a Mac so the Apple thingy doesn't light up. Take it back or install some Beatles albums. Yeah, that ought to work.
If I put Beatles albums on it will probably run slow. :P
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:08 PM
SickRick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I mean backup data. When I've tried to do it on a Mac, it ain't easy. Maybe things have changed and Macs are intuitive now.
I use a Macbook and a high-end Windows 7 PC, so I guess I'm pretty unbiased on this subject (my Windows machine was way more expensive than the macbook).

I only bought the Macbook because I needed it for work (I started working as a freelancer for a small company that runs everything on macs and it was more convenient for me and them to buy a macbook for the job). When I first got it, I didn't really think I would use it for more than work because I thought that it doesn't have as much power and is too restrictive for a long time Windows user.

To my surprise I must say that literally everything runs smoother and better on the mac. It is easier to use, has a much better workflow thanks to the more intuitive os. This is especially true for backing up data. Backing up on a Mac is ten times better and easier than on Windows. The only reason I still own the Windows PC is because some programs I use require a lot of Power (I only have the old and slow white macbook). Well, since I have the macbook (roughly 6 months now) everytime I switch on the Windows machine I think: "boy.. why is everything so complex and ugly on this machine?". With Windows 7 Microsoft did manage to make it very stable and reliable which is great and they also copied what they could from OS X but it's still worse in every way imaginable to me as a standard user.

Quite frankly I think that everything you wrote on this thread is either uninformed, wrong or extremely biased.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:11 PM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I mean backup data. When I've tried to do it on a Mac, it ain't easy. Maybe things have changed and Macs are intuitive now.
Have you ever used Time Machine? Automated backups on the hour? Yeah, that's pretty easy.

DMC, stop with the Engadget-style trolling. I've seen more persuasive and informed arguing from the class of ten-year-olds I teach.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 PM
zakhopper316's Avatar
zakhopper316 zakhopper316 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: new york city
Posts: 540
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
They forgot another important question: "If there were a problem with your device, would you admit to it, or not mention it since status is so important to displaying your computing device and creativity?"

Apples crash, burn, erase data, spy on users, are made in slave sweatshops, get infections and all the other stuff. Apple users just won't admit it, though. They're in a real pickle, because us PC users attach little status to a computing device, leaving us to evaluate its performance with less emotion.
Are you seriosly trying to start a conspiracy theory about Mac owners who secretly get their machines fixed.. Or Mac owners who don't fix their machines because it's un cool...so your saying that apple .. A Multi billion dollar company 100 times over, is blatantly lying to its investors in the efficiency/customer satisfaction section of its quarterly??? Are Way more macs are faulty and broken than any body or even apples own internal reports say?

Dude attack it for its closed system, or it's iTunes media controlling evil or something but don't make sh*t up
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 12-08-2011, 07:43 PM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

I'm wondering if DMC will admit that CarrierIQ was on Android phones as well as the iPhone. As for 'spying on users' any such scheme is usually opt-in and I'm far less likely to end up as part of a Botnet if I'm running a Mac or Linux. Mac OS X doesn't have a perfect security model at all and Windows 7 has a similarly good security model but the malware generally isn't written for Macs. You are more likely to end up as part of a botnet running Windows than you are Mac OS X and that has very little to do with security models.

You're saying that Apple computers are built in sweatshops. The conditions for workers in Asian factories aren't what we have in the West - that is true but by and large the modern facilities are manned by a motivated workforce that earns a decent wage and are provided basic accommodation and healthcare that exceeds what might be available at 'home'. Now there are clearly issues with the working environment and I'm not going to say that they're 'perfect' but in relation to working the mines in China, I know which I'd rather do.

Either way, that argument holds no water because you're going to next say that they just use PC components too and up-price them. Well, where are those PC parts made? That's right - the same factories. If you want to start a US manufacturing facility be my guest but it won't succeed. You won't find the workforce, for one.
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 PM
GruntersDad's Avatar
GruntersDad GruntersDad is offline
Administrator - Mayor
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Gulf Coast Seminole, Florida
Posts: 22,368
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
They forgot another important question: "If there were a problem with your device, would you admit to it, or not mention it since status is so important to displaying your computing device and creativity?"

Apples crash, burn, erase data, spy on users, are made in slave sweatshops, get infections and all the other stuff. Apple users just won't admit it, though. They're in a real pickle, because us PC users attach little status to a computing device, leaving us to evaluate its performance with less emotion.

That's the whole deal. There is no status to owning a PC. And for the readers of a PC magazine to find Apple the best means more than you want to admit and I am happy with that. Just one less person in line.

And again if there was a problem they would get it fixed. We can't use unserviceable Macs. If you look at the chart you will see that the overall satisfaction is the best. But continue to be in the dark if you wish.
__________________
Johnny. Pictured left to right, Bermuda, Weird Al, Grunt.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 12-08-2011, 09:00 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

I just wanted to show you guys my new iMac. :(
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 12-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Ram27 Ram27 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 20
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Why do you have both a mouse and a trackpad?
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:10 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Have you ever used Time Machine? Automated backups on the hour? Yeah, that's pretty easy.

DMC, stop with the Engadget-style trolling. I've seen more persuasive and informed arguing from the class of ten-year-olds I teach.
That's a mighty trollish thing for you to say, I must admit!

Other than that, I have found you to be reasonable, articulate and well-informed. The best way to stop someone from saying things you don't want to hear is to stop engaging them.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:25 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakhopper316 View Post
Are you seriosly trying to start a conspiracy theory about Mac owners who secretly get their machines fixed.. Or Mac owners who don't fix their machines because it's un cool...so your saying that apple .. A Multi billion dollar company 100 times over, is blatantly lying to its investors in the efficiency/customer satisfaction section of its quarterly??? Are Way more macs are faulty and broken than any body or even apples own internal reports say?

Dude attack it for its closed system, or it's iTunes media controlling evil or something but don't make sh*t up
I never said any such thing about a conspiracy theory and I will thank you to not put words in my mouth, or to "make sh*t up" for me, as you put it.

Ever hear of prestige bias? It happens in surveys. People won't give the truth if they think the answer will make them look dumb or foolish, to themselves or others. I know something about this as I have an MA in journalism and we studied public opinion and marketing surveys extensively, and that is a very relevant response to an article about surveys. No, that doesn't make me an expert on Macs or computers, if that's what you were thinking. But it does give me some insights into public opinion surveys.

Paying extra to get status from a computing device that works as well as any other could - in my personal opinion - trigger prestige bias, which is why I responded to the post about the computer satisfaction survey as I did. That's just my considered opinion, which others could disagree with.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 12-09-2011, 01:30 AM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Why do you have both a mouse and a trackpad?
Track pad for me because I prefer them, mouse came with system and is preferred by rest of family.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 12-09-2011, 06:13 AM
zakhopper316's Avatar
zakhopper316 zakhopper316 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: new york city
Posts: 540
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I never said any such thing about a conspiracy theory and I will thank you to not put words in my mouth, or to "make sh*t up" for me, as you put it.

Ever hear of prestige bias? It happens in surveys. People won't give the truth if they think the answer will make them look dumb or foolish, to themselves or others. I know something about this as I have an MA in journalism and we studied public opinion and marketing surveys extensively, and that is a very relevant response to an article about surveys. No, that doesn't make me an expert on Macs or computers, if that's what you were thinking. But it does give me some insights into public opinion surveys.

Paying extra to get status from a computing device that works as well as any other could - in my personal opinion - trigger prestige bias, which is why I responded to the post about the computer satisfaction survey as I did. That's just my considered opinion, which others could disagree with.
Well when u studied for your masters didint you learn about mass hysteria and how it doesn't last long....apples been on top for (don't quote me) like 15 years ever since Steve jobs came back...
And another thing about status symbols....they are usually top of the line, near perfect products....that's why farrari is a status brand....it's expensive but more art then car...but oh yea it drives like a space craft too.

For women a Pravda hand bag is expensive and indeed a status symbol but it's also made with un matched materials and craftsmanship...This is why a Prius is not an elite status symbol...it's average...from materials to craftsmanship ect. It gets you from a to b period.

Same goes for drums dude.....also, back to my mass hysteria point, when people thought tulips where the most valuable thing on the planet, it was indeed a status symbol to Cary or give a tulip...but it didint last at all. Hardly more than a year actually. I fact mass hysteria never lasts long. So what ever your feelings are about macs, don't make us sound like idiots BECAUSE IT'S INSULTING. The fact is I use my Mac for stuff that isn't practical on a pc, and have my YouTube to prove it.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 12-09-2011, 06:34 AM
SickRick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Ever hear of prestige bias? It happens in surveys. People won't give the truth if they think the answer will make them look dumb or foolish, to themselves or others.
It's funny you say something about bias as you certainly are just as biased as most of the other people in this thread, just the other way around.

Once again: most of what you say about macs is just simply untrue. Now that this argument doesn't stand anymore you start mocking the people that use macs and not the macs themselves by saying they are basically dumb, uncreative and unindividual fashion victims who suffer from prestige bias.

Also once again: I as an example use both the PC and the Mac and have spent much more money on MS than on Apple in my life. Still I believe as a system for the standard user the Mac works much better.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:47 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by zakhopper316 View Post
Well when u studied for your masters didint you learn about mass hysteria and how it doesn't last long....apples been on top for (don't quote me) like 15 years ever since Steve jobs came back...
And another thing about status symbols....they are usually top of the line, near perfect products....that's why farrari is a status brand....it's expensive but more art then car...but oh yea it drives like a space craft too.

For women a Pravda hand bag is expensive and indeed a status symbol but it's also made with un matched materials and craftsmanship...This is why a Prius is not an elite status symbol...it's average...from materials to craftsmanship ect. It gets you from a to b period.

Same goes for drums dude.....also, back to my mass hysteria point, when people thought tulips where the most valuable thing on the planet, it was indeed a status symbol to Cary or give a tulip...but it didint last at all. Hardly more than a year actually. I fact mass hysteria never lasts long. So what ever your feelings are about macs, don't make us sound like idiots BECAUSE IT'S INSULTING. The fact is I use my Mac for stuff that isn't practical on a pc, and have my YouTube to prove it.
HA! Good point about mass hysteria!

So, what are you going to do for status when everyone is using a Mac?

Don't get me wrong, I am attracted to status items and I have a few, all of them musical instruments and my talents to play them. I don't get any status from my computer or car or mass-produced consumer products, though. That just seems shallow to me.

Speaking of YouTube, is it possible to use flash on an Apple product yet?
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Wavelength's Avatar
Wavelength Wavelength is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,082
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Speaking of YouTube, is it possible to use flash on an Apple product yet?
Read this if your bias allows it. http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
__________________
I play Kumu Drums. I also shoot videos.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:58 AM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Speaking of YouTube, is it possible to use flash on an Apple product yet?
It has been for years, just not mobile devices. Adobe have actually stopped producing new versions of Flash for mobile devices (and yes, that includes Android). If you don't believe me, this is from the horse's mouth:

http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations...ash-focus.html

Furthermore:

http://arstechnica.com/business/news...are-vendor.ars
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 12-09-2011, 07:59 PM
SickRick
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post

Speaking of YouTube, is it possible to use flash on an Apple product yet?
I use Flash on my mac everyday, I even use flashblock all day long on it because 99% of all flash elements on the net are advertisements that do nothing but fall on my nerves.

Your arguments are getting ridiculous. You obviously have no clue about macs. Why do you keep posting this nonsense? My macbook is anything but a status symbol and I don't see it as one. Hundreds of thousands of mac users just use their computers because it's a pleasure to work on them and not because they are status symbols.

Also, quite clearly the mac is not significantly more expensive than Windows PCs. Care to compare prices for Tablet computers or the new Ultrabook? The mac is in both categories by far the best product while actually being cheaper than most of the competition.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:11 PM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickRick View Post
Why do you keep posting this nonsense?
To answer your question, I keep responding because you keep responding! I would never think of asking you that, though, because you're fully entitled to speak your peace here and it is not my place to question that.

If you need to understand more about my opinions, I encourage you to review what I have already written.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:17 PM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavelength View Post
Read this if your bias allows it. http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
My bias did allow me to read it and I thank you for posting it. It was actually difficult for me to visit apple.com because of my dislike of their products, but I managed to do it. Taking your cue, I Googled relevant terms and came up with additional sites which provided yet more information to support my highly biased opinion that Apple products aren't worth the money, work about as well as Windows and their main use is to impress people with your taste in consumer electronics.

But you already knew that about me.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

I like how DMC hasn't managed to reply coherently to a single post I've made.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:28 PM
zakhopper316's Avatar
zakhopper316 zakhopper316 is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: new york city
Posts: 540
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
My bias did allow me to read it and I thank you for posting it. It was actually difficult for me to visit apple.com because of my dislike of their products, but I managed to do it. Taking your cue, I Googled relevant terms and came up with additional sites which provided yet more information to support my highly biased opinion that Apple products aren't worth the money, work about as well as Windows and their main use is to impress people with your taste in consumer electronics.

But you already knew that about me.
When someone hates a product, company, or establishment THAT much, it makes me wonder what's really going on.

Kind of like the car brand loyalty you see down south. Also I'd like to make it clear that I believe windows users started this whole thing way back when, not the early adopters of apple products..
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 12-21-2011, 02:46 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Hopefully everyone can be mature, and use this thread for what I wanted it to be used for. People that like Apple products, and want to help one another. If you don't like Apple, that is fine. Open up another thread and tell the world why. Just not on my thread please. Glen.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 12-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Derek Roddy's Avatar
Derek Roddy Derek Roddy is offline
DRUMMERWORLD PRO DRUMMER
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 599
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

I personally don't "hate" any product.

But, I do support what works....something my PC never did when editing video or audio.

Since moving to Mac, everything is a dream.
No crashing every time I try to render a file. No lock ups when trying to burn off a disc.

It just works.....every time....no issues.

D
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 12-21-2011, 04:20 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Hey Derek. How is it going man. :) Don't wake up the Apple haters. I want to keep this thread nice and friendly. Can you come over and beat up my monster kit for me, and show me how it is done. :)
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Brundlefly's Avatar
Brundlefly Brundlefly is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 493
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
I just wanted to show you guys my new iMac. :(
Nice 'puter, dude! Finally, you and I found a product that we can both agree on (just kidding, because I do think highly of your choice of drums as well). I'm typing this on an iMac in my office and I have another one dedicated to the drum studio, running Logic and Ableton Live. They are highly sublime, transparent computers that just get the f--k out of the way and let you do stuff. And this is coming from a long time developer of PC games.

And thanks for posting despite the inevitable drama that creeps up whenever Apple gets mentioned in a public forum. I've been a Mac user since 1985, so I've been around the block on with this nonsense more than a few times. For some people, it simply isn't enough to opt in or out. They must make themselves feel better by attacking those who chose otherwise. It's really an absurd waste of human energy.

Hope you're enjoying your new Mac.
__________________
-brundlefly | drum kit info
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 12-21-2011, 05:48 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brundlefly View Post
Nice 'puter, dude! Finally, you and I found a product that we can both agree on (just kidding, because I do think highly of your choice of drums as well). I'm typing this on an iMac in my office and I have another one dedicated to the drum studio, running Logic and Ableton Live. They are highly sublime, transparent computers that just get the f--k out of the way and let you do stuff. And this is coming from a long time developer of PC games.

And thanks for posting despite the inevitable drama that creeps up whenever Apple gets mentioned in a public forum. I've been a Mac user since 1985, so I've been around the block on with this nonsense more than a few times. For some people, it simply isn't enough to opt in or out. They must make themselves feel better by attacking those who chose otherwise. It's really an absurd waste of human energy.

Hope you're enjoying your new Mac.
Hey buddy. You know I love your kit. It is a beautiful thing. Sorry for all the DW is overpriced preaching before. I am learning slowly, buy surely that you get what you like, and can afford. I am really loving my Apple. I took it downstairs to record with it, but I need a 400 to 800 firewire cable. I have everything but. :( I purchased an adapter to make my 400 to 400 cable work. Should be here this week. Then I can use its great powers, and huge screen. :)
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 12-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I like how DMC hasn't managed to reply coherently to a single post I've made.
I'm sorry to hear you think that way. I think all your posts have been well-reasoned and articulate. I just don't happen to agree with them.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #151  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:25 AM
mediocrefunkybeat
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
I'm sorry to hear you think that way. I think all your posts have been well-reasoned and articulate. I just don't happen to agree with them.
I have no issue with 99% of what you post. In this thread, however, you have failed to address any of the points made by others (in disagreement, at least) and have simply repeated assertions you have made with no evidence or knowledge. I'm not going to get further embroiled in this but I've made my views clear and reasoned them. I see no need to continue.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 12-22-2011, 04:22 AM
Deathmetalconga's Avatar
Deathmetalconga Deathmetalconga is offline
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Boise, Idaho
Posts: 7,253
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
I have no issue with 99% of what you post. In this thread, however, you have failed to address any of the points made by others (in disagreement, at least) and have simply repeated assertions you have made with no evidence or knowledge. I'm not going to get further embroiled in this but I've made my views clear and reasoned them. I see no need to continue.
Likely you have not noticed, but I have indeed addressed the points made by others in some detail, based on evidence and knowledge, going back 25 years in some cases, and based on more than five years of working with these products in a work setting. In fact, both our kids' iPods now won't sync with iTunes, a recent development on the home front. So I do have bases in fact, experience and exposure to substantiate my claims. Some things, though, are simply a matter of taste and preference and perception, not functionality. But I think I have presented my thoughts coherently, even if you don't.

But I agree with your very valid point, I see no need to continue if you don't.
__________________
Ironwood kit Tiki kit Openhanders Vids
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 12-22-2011, 04:26 AM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Amen to that!
----------------------------------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 12-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Cameo's Avatar
Cameo Cameo is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Old people... sigh.
My MacBook Pro is getting old, but I'm wishing for either a brand new MacBook Pro or a 27" iMac. That trackpad must be amazing. I can't handle mouses theese days.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:17 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
Old people... sigh.
My MacBook Pro is getting old, but I'm wishing for either a brand new MacBook Pro or a 27" iMac. That trackpad must be amazing. I can't handle mouses theese days.
Yes buddy. It is an old argument. I don't really care what others think about them. Just buy what you like and talk about them here. :) Yes, the track pad is a thing of beauty. I use it for everything. My family still likes the mouse. Funny how the old guy adapted faster than all the rest of the family.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:35 PM
uniin's Avatar
uniin uniin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blue Mountains, Australia
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

to be honest, mac's are a good waste of $1,000+.... you can buy a PC with the same build as a mac, and then just buy mac osx ($30, as apposed to windows 7 - $200+) and have what we nerds call a "hackintosh".

most pc's are good at anything but music/video editing, but you can get some much better quality then how much macs cost.

but in saying that, i have a $1,200 pc, along side a $2,500 macbook pro... hahaha...
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:39 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniin View Post
to be honest, mac's are a good waste of $1,000+.... you can buy a PC with the same build as a mac, and then just buy mac osx ($30, as apposed to windows 7 - $200+) and have what we nerds call a "hackintosh".

most pc's are good at anything but music/video editing, but you can get some much better quality then how much macs cost.

but in saying that, i have a $1,200 pc, along side a $2,500 macbook pro... hahaha...
This is not a thread to talk about which one is better. Buddy. This is a place to share apple stuff, with apple people. Don't care about opinions. Didn't ask for them. Please can we just keep it nice so I don't have to close it again. :)
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:43 PM
uniin's Avatar
uniin uniin is offline
Gold Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Blue Mountains, Australia
Posts: 1,216
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

oh i love my macbook pro, and my iphone, and my ipod nano.... i've got a behringer midi keyboard, and i compose midi demos through protools/reason on my mac....


happy? :)
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:45 PM
sticks4drums
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by uniin View Post
oh i love my macbook pro, and my iphone, and my ipod nano.... i've got a behringer midi keyboard, and i compose midi demos through protools/reason on my mac....


happy? :)
That's better. :) See, this can be fun and happy talk place. :)
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 12-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Netz Ausg's Avatar
Netz Ausg Netz Ausg is offline
Silver Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Somerset, UK
Posts: 661
Default Re: Took a bite from an Apple

Quote:
Originally Posted by sticks4drums View Post
I just wanted to show you guys my new iMac. :(
Some men just want to watch the world burn...
__________________
Mapex drums - Amedia, Murat Diril and Zildjian cymbals - Big Dog pedals
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are Off
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off




All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Bernhard Castiglioni's DRUMMERWORLD.com