DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 01-15-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Help my band Be Like Max play Extreme Thing in Las Vegas!

My band Be Like Max is in a competition to play the huge music festival in Las Vegas called Extreme Thing. We need votes in order to proceed to the next round. The more votes we have, the more it will benefit us in the end of the competition. Please spare 30 seconds of your time to give us a vote and spread the word about us being apart of the competition. Voting ends on the 25th of February. All votes will be limited to 1 per person/household (per IP address). So you can only vote ONCE! Thanks for your consideration and I will let you guys know about our journey in the competition. I will provide links to get more acquainted with us. We are ska/punk and we just released our debut full length album entitled, Play In The Mud. Thanks again and hope we can win!
- Preston BLM

VOTE FOR BE LIKE MAX HERE - http://www.extremething.com/BOTF13/ET13BattleEnter.html

Be Like Max BandCamp (Stream & Download Album) - http://belikemax.bandcamp.com/

Be Like Max Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/belikemaxmusic

Be Like Max Twitter - https://twitter.com/BeLikeMaxLV

Be Like Max YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeLikeMaxMusic
Old 01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Help my band Be Like Max play Extreme Thing in Las Vegas!

Welcome to the forum.

I might be a bit old-fashioned but...
What makes your band better than the others?
Why vote for _you_?
What's your existing participation in this forum so people would know what they're voting for, and why? - Zero, as a matter of fact. Your 1st post = asking to push your band.

Just my personal opinion.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:26 PM

Sorry if I offended you by making this post my first post, but honestly I don't know what else I would have posted before. I didn't only want to get votes, but I wanted to share my band with the rest of the community on this site. This is the only music related forum I'm a member of, and I didn't join until recently. I've found a lot of info on here that I'm using to help me become a more knowledgeable drummer/musician. I know I haven't earned much of a status on here, but it would be cool if some of you checked out my band and our music. Be Like Max could always use some extra opinions and criticism, especially about my playing abilities as a drummer. We stand out amongst the other bands with our unique collision of catchy ska and fast punk music. I guarantee our songs will make you want to get up and dance. Recently, there hasn't been any uprisings of ska bands and I'm trying to get our name out there in order to change that. Once again, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way by posting this. It may be my first post, but it isn't going to be my last, and I'm looking forward to becoming a more active member in this forum.
- Preston BLM
Old 01-15-2013, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member

No offense whatsoever here, just a few really simple questions/obvious findings.
Thanks for coming back and answering those - that's more info for the other members here.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:25 PM

You are welcome, Arky. Thank you for your comments and questions. I hope you find the time to give my band a listen. If you are a fan of ska, you will indeed enjoy it. :) http://belikemax.bandcamp.com/
Old 01-15-2013, 01:48 PM

Even though I haven't been here very long, I've seen quite a few members join, plug there band for votes, or likes, views, etc as there first post, which I think is against the forum rules.

Unlike most though you've not plugged and run, you've come back and explained as well which has gained a bit of respect from me atleast.

I don't blame you for plugging your band, I think I posted here once during a voting competition like yours, but I had been here a few months at this point, and im sure other members have too.

You could of also posted in the "introduce yourself" section of the forum for your first post :)

Welcome to the forum though
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Platinum Member

Love the brass element of your band. Good catchy stuff, & a fun vibe too, I like that, but I'm too old for the punk element.

Good luck :)