DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:36 AM
DSCRAPRE

Default Re: Do you think

I'm fat as hell, but I'm relatively tall too so it kinda balances out. I used to be Catholic but now I'm Agnostic.

I think that my lack of playing ability dictates my style more than weight or religion.

My thoughts on religion are pretty simple. There could be a god, or there might not be. I don't know and I don't believe that god could really be proven or dis proven. After all, we're nothing but tiny humans that cannot possibly grasp the full nature of existence. Unless God itself actually showed up and started doing unexplainable God stuff, I'm not going to buy into any religious concepts. Conversely, there are still so many unanswered questions about the nature of the universe, I find it a tad foolish to just say that there is no God, because we really don't know that much about existence yet. Plus, if something created everything that exists and didn't want us to find out about it, I don't think that we could outsmart them and figure it out.

All I do know is that if there is a God, it really doesn't care what we do. We'd probably just be an experiment of some type.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Silver Member

Religion for me is easy. I'm half Irish, half Catholic. Pass the beer...
Old 02-11-2012, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectron View Post
One thing is for sure:

If there is no God - when I die I will have lost nothing believing in a fiction;
I will simply be dead.

On the reverse of that - those who openly rejected God will stand before him after they die.

That's quite a gamble for the unbeliever - but no gamble at all for the believer.

No condemnation here - you are definately free to choose
but if the latter the case - you WILL remember what you are reading right now on that day.

peace and love to all
Unless you picked the wrong God, and he punishes those who worship false idols... Then you're SCREWED. That's a massive gamble you're taking.

And anyone who ever chose God on the basis of Pascal's Wager - or arguably on the matter of CHOICE to believe - well, if God punishes those who are intellectually dishonest in regards to belief, they're screwed too. That's a pretty darn huge gamble.

Quote:
That's quite a gamble for the unbeliever - but no gamble at all for the believer.
This statement only works if you pretend that either the Abrahamic God exists and you know exactly what He wants, or else no God at all exists. Unfortunately this is just a pretense and does not account one whit for the possibility of God existing in a manner a little different from what you imagine. What makes it so bizarre is it actually accounts for one possibility of being wrong, and then refuses to account for any other possibility of mistake.

In other words, believing in the Christian God? If there is any gamble whatsoever and there is any sort of possibility that you do not know as much as you think you do, then you are gambling your soul.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:30 PM

My wishes to your granddad and family MFB
Old 02-11-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Masters View Post
Religion for me is easy. I'm half Irish, half Catholic. Pass the beer...
Catholics have it easy enough when it comes to the fields of biology, astronomy, astrophysics, geology, palaeontology, archaeology and emergence.

Until we turn 18...