DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Do you think belonging to these types of forums has increased your spending habits?

These forums don't really have much impact on me buying more gear.

I check out reviews on the forums but mostly my buying decisions are informed by a mixture of reviews from sites like Musiciansfriend, Musicradar and Amazon (books and dvds).
Old 07-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Do you think belonging to these types of forums has increased your spending habits?

I haven't changed my spending habits from before the internet and all the forums. The internet has been invaluable in finding out what others who have tried and used a certain product think about it. That has steered several purchasing decisions and I have never been
disappointed with the end result.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:03 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push View Post
No, that would be eBay's fault.
HAHAHA!!!

I started buying gear before the internet and eBay, so it hasn't really "affected" my purchasing "amount" a great deal at all, but it's been a great way to hear examples of things before plunking down any dough.

One thing I wouldn't have if it wasn't for the internet though is my 22" Paiste Giant Beat. LOVE that cymbal.
I also got a better deal on eBay on a couple other cymbals than I could have at the shop--but, I took a chance with not hearing them in person first too.

I spend way less than I used to. Even from a year or so ago. I sorta feel like I'm getting to the "I'm done" point, not fully there yet though haha!

Still planning to get a 6.5 Ludwig Supralite snare because I really dug the sound and vibe from that drum a lot.
Also, a 16x26 in Red Sparkle. The 20x26 I have is an amazing drum, but it doesn't fit the vibe of a main band I am in, and I'd like to be able to use the RS kit with that group when I feel like a change from the Black Glitter Glass kit.
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 PM
Platinum Member

Without a doubt, this forum (and other gear forums) has me spending money ALOT more than I would normally. Heck, I can barely even play and have nicer crap than most. LOL

PS - Pitiful, huh?
Old 07-17-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlCrafton View Post
HAHAHA!!!

I started buying gear before the internet and eBay, so it hasn't really "affected" my purchasing "amount" a great deal at all, but it's been a great way to hear examples of things before plunking down any dough.
Yeah, I've always had the problem of buying way too much stuff (much to the chagrin of Mrs. Push) before the innernet too, but, with ebay/Musician's Friend and the rest of it, it is just too easy. Don't even have to leave the house and you can see, hear, get reviews, etc and with the click of a mouse...........OWN IT! Ahhh, why wasn't it this easy when I was younger?