Isolation Headphones?

kungfusaki

Does anyone still use the isolation ear muffs without the speakers in them? Like the Vic Firth ones? If not why? and what product are you using for ear protection while practicing?

I stopped using headphones years ago and just use my in Shure ear monitors with the yellow foam sleeves that swell up in your ear, they isolate really well with or without playing music thru them and stay put and are not hot and sweaty like headphones.

I use Sony MDR-7506. They don't grip your head too tight, so they're really comfortable, but they still manage to block out plenty of sound.

I use a combination of Maudio IE-10's in ear monitors and vic firth isolation headphones. Have been doing this for over 4 years and it does the job very well.

Can anyone vouch for the EX-29 Headphones?

http://www.extremeheadphones.com/products/ex-29-headphones

I see Travis Orbin using these and he seems to get by... tried recording today using my skull candy earphones on my ipod and that was hopeless...

I've already got moulded earPLUGS but not IEMs... not sure which way to go but I thought headphones would be cool because they can be shared, and these will be used in the studio for playback between myself and guitarists etc..

Klipsh S-4. Amazing isolation and they sound awesome. Slightly tipped up bass helps with hearing kick drum.

Firsts are uncomfortable and have crappy low and high end

Have Sennheiser HD-280s. Weak in the bass for a drummer.

Back