Gretsch Catalina Maple

A

adamteasdale1407

Hey
Does anyone have any reviews on the Gretsch Catalina Maple drum kit? I'm looking for a kit that I can play jazz, blues, rock n roll and acoustic rock on.
Would this kit be suitable? Does anyone have this kit? If so, do you have any reviews?
Thanks

There are so many reviews on the Cat maple, most of them good, just Google it.

The Catalinas are great. Great hardware, easy to tune, sound great. I have mahogany Catalinas and I couldn't be more satisfied. Though you might need some luglocks if you wanna tune the toms low.

I've got a 6 piece Catalina Maple set. They're really easy to tune and do a good job at staying in tune - at least that's my experience.

I cover most of the genres (not too much jazz, though) you mentioned and my Cats handle all of them very well.

GO for the Cats, you won't be disappointed.

Cheers!

Great kit for the price.

Surprisingly wide tuning range for drums of that price point. Although I never use the snare, I've got it sounding great. If it was all I had, I'd be happy to use it. Shells are well constructed with no flaws at all (at least not on mine) and it appears care was even taken to ensure consistent bearing edges. The lacquer finish is also brilliant......as a whole these drums far exceeded my expectations for a lower-to-mid-range kit.

Back