Just picked up my first Acrolite!

tylerjames

I've been looking to pick one of these up forever and finally got a hold of one at a junk sale. $30! Advice on tuning or dating this would be great. It's pretty clean! Got a stand with it as well.

dvm1ac.jpg

2ezqwrr.jpg

mhejrc.jpg

iyessp.jpg

Congratulations!!

If you're looking to dress it up with OEM parts:

LW3314 (Snare Batter Medium Coated)
C1114 (Snare Resonant Head Clear)
L1930 (20 Strand Snare Wires) or L1929 (12 Strand)
P3019 (Black Nylon Washers)
P648 (Tension Rod O-Rings)

Really, it looks like it just needs a good cleaning, chrome buffing, and some rust protection for the pits on the hoops.

I've found that those "Mr Clean Magic Eraser" (and generic brand clones) are great for cleaning tough spots on powder coating without damaging the surface.

Great find for $30. Congrats!

Give it some good spit & polish and it'll be looking really sweet.

Bought my first a month ago. Absolutely love it. So much, I bought a second one three days later. Pretty dry already but I put an Evans Heavyweight on batter and 300 reso and it is killer.. Sounds great in the basement drum room. Sounded even better in the jam space." I LOVE THESE SNARES!"said the new guy to drumming who wondered what all the fuss was about.

Awesome find for $30. I'm always on the lookout for one at a good price. Most of the ones I see for sale used are around the $100-130 range, and I want to get one at around $80 or cheaper.

Congratulations!!

If you're looking to dress it up with OEM parts:

LW3314 (Snare Batter Medium Coated)
C1114 (Snare Resonant Head Clear)
L1930 (20 Strand Snare Wires) or L1929 (12 Strand)
P3019 (Black Nylon Washers)
P648 (Tension Rod O-Rings)
are these part numbers OEM for acrolites from 1980-1982 also?
I've got a mint Acrolite from 1980-1982 but not convinced mine has the OEM model wires.
Do you have documented information as to the OEM numbers?
PLEASE reply to this old thread....thanks in advance

are these part numbers OEM for acrolites from 1980-1982 also?
I've got a mint Acrolite from 1980-1982 but not convinced mine has the OEM model wires.
Do you have documented information as to the OEM numbers?
PLEASE reply to this old thread....thanks in advance

80 - 82 had the 12 strand "L1929", but with the white plastic ends.. Let me see if I can find one.... If you order a 1929 now, the ends will be steel with chrome and the ludwig emblem. The part numbers I have are the Ludwig part numbers.

You can use a 20 strand on most acrolites, with the possible exception of the late 60's era ones. You'll need to look at the snare beds on those and determine for yourself.

EDIT: Found one in my tackle box.. here's what the 80's variant looked like:
JLpuGFm.jpg

Here's what the new ends look like:

441151160.png

I've also seen clear/transparent plastic ends and copper ends.

Back