Emmanuelle Caplette

She's a very skilled musician. As a drummer, she's also very good and gets a great sound out of her kit. I'd like to see her add a double bass pedal to her setup, I'm sure she could come up with very nice fills with it for some of the tracks she plays over. She looks pretty hot behind the kit, too ;)!

Fox.

She's a very skilled musician. As a drummer, she's also very good and gets a great sound out of her kit. I'd like to see her add a double bass pedal to her setup, I'm sure she could come up with very nice fills with it for some of the tracks she plays over. She looks pretty hot behind the kit, too ;)!

Fox.

I like old school drums, this is one of many reason why I like her style / single pedal playing.
Double pedals are everywhere these days, it's so boooring ^^

( In addition, Like Jojo Mayer she has a Sonor Jungle kit :D).

I like old school drums, this is one of many reason why I like her style / single pedal playing.
Double pedals are everywhere these days, it's so boooring ^^

( In addition, Like Jojo Mayer she has a Sonor Jungle kit :D).

Hah hah hah, I know what you're saying, but I'm not talking about heavy double bass drumming, check out Gavin Harrison, he plays some Jazz-oriented stuff on a couple of videos and still uses his double pedal for some fills that fit nicely.

Fox.

She's amazing, her sound is very fine with a lot of technique and feeling. I love her <3 and her drumming work L0L
I hope one day to se her live

Emmanuelle turns me on! She looks soft but hot at the same time...

Great news! Evans artist Emmanuelle Caplette (Site Officiel / Official Website) will be starting online drum lessons from her website in 2016.

From Evans on Twitter

Not to be a contrarian, but with the wealth of lesson info available from established players, studying with someone who is basically a YouTube phenomenon would not necessarily be the best choice.

She may be an incredibly well-rounded musician but the impression I get is one of someone who has used her looks to advance her career. That in and of itself is not a big deal, but it doesn't mean that she could be teaching at Berklee any time soon either.

But, to each his own. I could be dead wrong, Lord knows it's happened before...

I think that to say she advanced her career because of her looks is a little unfair. She got her notoriety because she does play well, very well, and just happens to look good and posted a lot on Youtube. I guess Cobus(sp) advanced just on his talent? Maybe it was because of his exposure as well. We have been down this road before with the lady drummers, who smile too much, are Disneyized, who look good, etc. I posted the thread in case people would be interested in what she is doing and maybe want to try a few lessons. How about we give it a chance before we go all "girl drummer" on her. And to say "not to be contrarian" doesn't soften the blow or excuse the prejudice.

I don't think it's a case of "girl drummer" as much as "You Tube drummer"

That's not to say she can't play, but her credibility as a pro, at this point in her career, revolves around You Tube.

Of course, those who are influenced by what they see on YT may be exactly who she's looking for. There are certainly some things I could stand to learn, but I would seek an established pro for guidance.

Bermuda

I think if the skeptics would take the time to read her Bio;

http://emmanuellecaplette.com/biography/,

it would become apparent that her credentials make her a little more than a Youtube star. I sure some of the elite on this site would love to have her credentials.
I think the fact that she is a female has hurt her more than her looks have helped, at least on this forum.

I've only seen her play a couple of times (on video). While she may not have used her looks to generate interest. Her looks have done just that. She is extremely attractive. Most guys are suckers for that, and most drummers are guys. So whether it's intentional or not, it's happening. In the couple of videos of her's that i watched, I thought her playing was excellent. She wasn't dressed all sexy either. I like that. I've only watched a couple videos though, and that's what I'm basing my perception of her from. She very well may be able to teach in a way that is easy to understand, and make a great teacher. I don't know, but time will tell.

Back