This Guy is the Best I've Ever Seen!

Not to discount this guy's accomplishments or anything, but I've seen multiple instruments being used by the same person to play a song, so while it was definitely an amazing video, here's what I was talking about =X

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxapywHe04I

Watching him play the same song on the keyboard/electric piano, shakers, castanets, triangle, drums, bass, electric guitar, violin, harmonica, clarinet, tamborine made me go "wow" more than the video by OP did. Hard to compare though, but imo the guy in the link above has my respect more than the guy in the OP's video did.

Just my 2 cents...

And I'll third that, this guy is playing 16 different instruments, but at a pretty rudimentary level. The parts are all fairly simple, and don't require expertise in any of the instruments. Fabio however is virtually a world class performer in all four of those instruments, he's amazing. The amount of practice time spent is not close to being commensurate. Fabio has spent probably multiple orders of magnitude more time practicing then the guy in that video.

That was sick. I would've commented about his hand-technique, but his amazing cross-instrument skills completely floored me.

You mean to say that it was good or bad? Because his hands looked pretty good to me!

His drumming hand-technique was a bit weird, as he choked the fulcrum. Other than that, it was perfect!

Seriously? He choked the fulcrum? Really?

What I meant to say was that he held the stick with his index and thumb without having the other fingers touch the stick, when he was playing doubles. Looked a bit flimsy. I just thought it looked weird..

PFFFFFTT!!!!!!!!!!!
If he can play like THAT
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's obvious
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . no matter how it LOOKS
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . he's doing it RIGHT!!!

That's a really cool video, and he sounds fantastic. I actually agree with Thaard about his hand technique, though. He actually does not hold the sticks "properly." Of course, with that said, a lot of drummers learn the "right" technique and then adapt it to the way they play...most of you would laugh at my left hand traditional grip, but it works for me and that's all that matters.

Dude is just a great player.

Agree there's no comparison between the guy playing 16 parts and the 4 "identical twins". One is quite talented, the quads are amazing.

PQleyR said:
Wonderful! This is what I aspire to myself.

Pec, I reckon you could make a good one man band - a rock solid drummer and hot guitarist (and by inference at least a competent bass player but don't tell any bassists that - haha).

The Got A Match vid is amazing (as is the first one). Some (very few) people are just musically gifted. Once they get the hang of how an instrument is played it doesn't matter anymore.

But it's obvious that this guy puts in the time and really knows his stuff. A very talented bass player I know pointed out that the Got A Match is a dead on transcription from a particular live video.

PFFFFFTT!!!!!!!!!!!
If he can play like THAT
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . it's obvious
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . no matter how it LOOKS
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . he's doing it RIGHT!!!
Personal opinions aren't allowed anymore?

mrchattr said:
That's a really cool video, and he sounds fantastic. I actually agree with Thaard about his hand technique, though. He actually does not hold the sticks "properly." Of course, with that said, a lot of drummers learn the "right" technique and then adapt it to the way they play...most of you would laugh at my left hand traditional grip, but it works for me and that's all that matters.

Dude is just a great player.
That's what I meant, too.

Pec, I reckon you could make a good one man band - a rock solid drummer and hot guitarist (and by inference at least a competent bass player but don't tell any bassists that - haha).

That's kind of you to say so...and bass was my first proper instrument so I ought to be able to do that properly! Just never ended up playing it in a band...for some reason nobody needs bassists, and everyone needs drummers!

...for some reason nobody needs bassists, and everyone needs drummers!

I have a feeling that's because there are tons of bassists around who are guitar refugees ...
Stuart Sutcliffe had decided to leave the band — discouraged by his poor musicianship but also deeply in love with a German lass, Astrid Kirchherr — and to return to his art studies. And stand-in bassist Chas Newby had gone back to school.

The prevalent theme among the remaining Beatles was “Don’t look at me.” “Nobody wants to play bass, or nobody did in those days,” recalls McCartney in Many Years From Now (Barry Miles). “Bass was the thing that the fat boys got lumbered with and were asked to stand at the back and play . . . So I definitely didn’t want to do it but Stuart left, and I got lumbered with it. Later I was quite happy . . . ”
Paul is impressively multi-talented. While he wouldn't have chops to the level of the genius guy in the OP's vid, he can add vocals, songwriting and production. Prince and Stevie Wonder also have an awesome range of talents.

Back