need help with a few things

moe.ron

Silver Member
hey guys i wasn't sure where exactly to post this so feel free to move it as needed.

anyway i have two issues...
one being i have a dw practice pad kit in my dorm room and i have stiff foam pads underneath it and people can still hear the beater hitting downstairs and have come up wondering what it is a couple times. my question is what would be a better material, if any, to put under my practice kit thats cheap?

my second is i've had pain in my right arm(i play left handed) and i went to the doctor and nothing was diagnosed but i went to both my teachers and we came to the conclusion it could be the early stages of tendonitis from an injury i sustained at work. anyway i've been on an icing regiment with occasional aspirin and have a wrist brace and a tennis elbow brace to take pressure off the tendon. it seems to be working with only a few days here and there that are bad but does anyone else have any other suggestions on this?

thanks

Can only help you with the first one:/

Put a carpet under it and it will take all the vibrationsounds away

unfortunately i have 2 carpets underneath on top of the two foam pads

Can only help you with the first one:/

Put a carpet under it and it will take all the vibrationsounds away

This unfortunately isn't true. I can speak from experience. Carpet doesn't take away the transference of vibrations. You can hear your upstairs neighbors walking around, moving furniture, etc., right?

To the OP: Look at this thread. In the second post on the thread, it posts a link to a VDrums Forum page where another drummer shares a plan for an isolation riser.... basically two decks of plywood with tennis balls in between. Seems to work well for some, and probably under $200 to make.

Those harder rubber work out mats that are in professional gyms might help a bit. However, I doubt there's much that's going to help aside from building a riser simply because the whole floor is likely moving from your movement and it's going to be really hard to stop that from happening without some crazy free floating riser device.

Back