Nicknames

sbowman128675

Just wanted to know, if anyone had or still has some really anoying (or cool) nicknames that you have either liked, hated, or loved to hate in the past or present.

Mine in high school was The Bowmanizer, or Bowmanator. Hence because my last name is Bowman.

My Dad is gonna be making a tube amp and is gonna call it the Bowmantor. lol

Steve.

Mine is Nickel Pickel. Pickel to those whom i'm really close too.
My names nick so as a kid my dad called me nickel pickel and it just stuck.
I plan on putting a decal of a pickel drumming on my bass drum. (Figured it would be a nice touch.)

Well I have never had any, other than people calling me Getz in school, and later on Gman, but my screen name is my sons nick name. Grunter....when he was young he used to make this grunting sound to get attention. I'm talking 1 1/2 years old. so when I needed a screen name, Grunters Dad, gruntersdad, just seemed natural.

Not much of a nickname but always hated it when someone called me 'Mare'. I'm not a horse...lol! And it didn't help when I turned completely gray in my 30's...you know, The Old Gray Mare. Ugh!

Round my junior year of high school, I started to get called "Uncle Harry", which was kinda odd, since I was an only child .... no way then, that I was gonna be an uncle. That carried on into college, though the people at USULB didn't know anyone/anything about my high school moniker. Once I hit the rock 'n' roll scene, around 1980 .... well, rockers are rockers .... and Harry Ballz, I became known as ....​
Hey, like my daddy used to say .... "call me anything but late for supper".​

Well, my ex-band members from a metal band used to call me Dave Bolbardo.... (well, now you got my family name...)
Some people in high-school call me Irod . Irod is the Romanian name for Herod The Great but I don`t really remember how it originated. All i remember is that we were boozed...

As my first name is Benjamin....the boys in my old band had quite a few "versions" of Benjamin such as....

Been jamin'

Benji Armain

B.J

B.J Armin

Ben jameen

I pretty much answered to any one of these.

Somebody slapped me with Larry Lovetrain when I was playing in rock bands in the early 80's. Never really liked that one lol

My real names Ian Williams.

Back at high school my mates called me "The Rocker". Working for so long in the oil patch with a bunch of hooligans I had as nickname "Wild Thing Williams".

Real name Phil...In the '70s people started calling me Philly, some still do.

Hahaa, good thread.

My screen name is actually my teen age nickname translated from my native language (Serbo-Croatian), as accurately as possible, considering it's a non-formal phrase.
It dates from the early 90's when I started growing wild-style-r'n'r hair and it looked like a BUSH on my head. Considering my lifestyle back then the other part MANIAC came 'naturally'. lol

For the record, the original nick was 'Zbunijak' (non-formal word) and here's an explanation:
'Zbun' - in mother tongue = Bush
'ijak' - part of the word 'manijak' = Maniac.

Later I dropped the letter 'A' from 'Maniac' because I found it more 'suitable' to summarize my interests in indigenous and ethnic cultures, especially music & rhythms, yet to keep it close to the original nickname.
And so Bushmanic is born! :)

Last edited:
Used to get "Toad" a bit in primary school. After that it was mostly "Toddles", "Toddler", etc....

Attachments

• kermit.jpg
    kermit.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,501
With a family name like Crosby, it could only ever be Bing, & my father before me. Due to the generation demise thing, that hasn't continued on to my son.

Hah! I had a boss at my last job with the same surname. I used to call him "Kraz-bee". He was a very laid back guy so the nickname didn't seem to bother him at all.

When I was at school, I was called 'Frodo' for years. Long, curly brown hair. This was taken a couple of years later but the hair is still just about present...

Was that really eight years ago?! Crikey.

Attachments

• LOOK.jpg
    LOOK.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,555
My dad used to call me his bubula monster

Then some of my cute gf's would call me Bear, Jay Bear.

In high school people thought I was a little eccentric and called me Jay Da Psycho.

later somehow I became called The Fridge.

Then they would call me an asshole.

Now I'm known quite simply as Jason

Back