New SJC snare to add to the family :-)

ironcobra you can drool as much as you please, just not on the kit lol. If you find yourself in CT, look me up and you can gladly have a go:) thanks for your compliments!! I know you dont post a lot on others kits so it really means a lot to me that you posted about mine :)

Alex, thanks for the compliments!! Does this mean they have gone beyond keller dresser-upper in your book lol ;-)

Anyway, to answer your question, I keep my toms tuned really low cause i like them to resonate a lot. The 14 sounds almost like your average 16 would. There is a gap I suppose, but it doesn't bother me too much. For some reason I always liked smaller toms because im not that great at tuning and i found the sound easier to control. So i got in the habit of down-tuning smaller toms to give them deeper sounds. It seems to work out ok for me, but ther are def. times when i consider ordering a matching 16" for sure :)

yes...they have...

haha

they make some awesome stuff. i see some of it and cant believe its still the keller underneath it...lol

Spencer Smith's(panic at the disco's drummer) has a new kit, and the hoops are wavy....it blew my mind when i saw it..haha

and about the toms...im starting to like smaller toms...not for the sound, i love deep drums...but, smaller drums look better to me..=P...i dont know why tho..lol

Alex

Yeah man Spencer's kit is freaking intense with those wavy hoops. Matt McKinleys (gym class heros) kit is amazing too, its a barbershop strip with two veneers, pretty freakin cool. The smaller toms do have a nice look about them...that is certainly for sure. Hey, you could always play smaller toms for looks and trigger them with bigger tom sounds lol :)

Anyway, I got this puppy home today and it is INCREDIBLE!!! there is such a warm and fat tone to this snare and it really sings! I am amazed at how light it is too, and it's 6 ply construction really allows it to resonate. I could not be happier with this drum!!!

Wasn't sure how I would like the 6 ply for a snare, but i am very impressed after hearing it.

I find SJC's have a sort of sickly effect on me, like eating something that's too sweet.

They're so made up they don't even look like drums anymore.

Back