9711GS G-CLASS- Discuss

Les Ismore

Platinum Member
GIBRALTAR'S latest attempt.

Seems they've been watching JoJo, TRICK, DEAMON Dr since their CATAPULT moved onto the afterlife, no more radical new designs, play it safe, follow the herd.

G-Class lifts design cues from the pedals mentioned above. I don't like the thick bottom plate, raises the show off the floor too much. Surprised no attempt at a longboard. Price will make or break this pedal IMO.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 1,141
  • Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    220 KB · Views: 1,149
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    259 KB · Views: 1,212
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    100.2 KB · Views: 1,118
Last edited:
Looks like it costs about as much as a pair of Iron Cobras or DW5002s and about $70 more than a Pearl Eliminator.

I'd be interested in knowing whether it's a "heavy" or "light" pedal. Looks to be the former, a lot of metal on the body. It's got a spring tension knob like a Trick, which is interesting, but it's a conventional expansion type rather than a compression mechanism.

Might be really nice. Might also sink like a stone. Would love to try one.

I tried this one at the shop a while ago. It's OK.

It's smooth, but it felt a bit heavy to me. "Heavy feeling" is subjective, but it's well made, and easy to set up.

It's sturdy, without weighing a ton, and I liked the finish color--or lack of color.
I won't be leaving my Eliminators for this pedal, but I did like it more than an IC Power Glide, or Rolling Glide.

Just noticed the beater weight design. Quite innovative.

I messed around on this one a bit again at the shop the other day.

Not for me, but the base really isn't different in feel than anything else. It didn't feel like my foot was higher--which would really bug me. Th eIC heel plate feels higher to me actually. That was the reason I gave up on the Flexi I had. I liked it a lot, but the heel height started to bug me.

The JoJo pedal wasn't for me either, after playing on one for quite a while.

I'm still most happy with my Eliminator single (red cam, shortened strap).

Looks pretty sleek, I like the design of the clamp plus the adjustable beater weight is a cool idea. Too bad there's not a longboard model, I'm still waiting for the release of the double pedal so I can get my hands or should I say feet on them.

Im not seeing anything innovative other than the weighted beater.

F

The single post design allows for a short shaft, longer shafts mean more weight. Most standard single pedal designs use a 5.5" shaft which is weighty and there's a lot of wasted space on the shaft.

With a short shaft design weight savings is moot if the cam and beater holder are bulky/heavy. There are some double post designs that employ a short(er) shaft, the posts angle inward... this is a great design that's not really been refined.

Design is a good thing, but doesn't define a great pedal. I reiterate, I would love to try one out.

Does this pedal allow the footboard to swivel like a Vector pedal? Can’t tell from the website but it looks like there is an adjustment and a geared face on the bottom plate.

Back