Have a question about bass drums

Chaoshon

Hi, I'm considering on buying the Tama Silverstar 5 piece shell drum set, but I have a little problem: The bass drum is a 22" bass and so it's too powerful for my house.
Would it be a clever step selling the bass which comes with the set, and replacing it with a smaller bass? How much does the stock bass (of the silverstar) worth, anyway?

I think that the replacement will be an 18" bass from the Imperialstar set, listed on ebay at 115$.

So.. is this a clever step? Are there any better options than this bass drum?

Thanks!

Hi, I'm considering on buying the Tama Silverstar 5 piece shell drum set, but I have a little problem: The bass drum is a 22" bass and so it's too powerful for my house.
Would it be a clever step selling the bass which comes with the set, and replacing it with a smaller bass? How much does the stock bass (of the silverstar) worth, anyway?

I think that the replacement will be an 18" bass from the Imperialstar set, listed on ebay at 115$.

So.. is this a clever step? Are there any better options than this bass drum?

Thanks!

If the Imperialstar on eBay is only $115 - why not keep everything? Then you'll have a choice between the two bass drums. As much as I hate to admit it, having the correct drum for the right setting means having more than one. I have my Sonor Safari 16" bass drum, and I also have my Tama Starclassic Bubinga Elites with a 18x20 bass drum, and although the Tama's get out of the house more, it's nice to have the little Safari in a corner waiting.

How much is the Tama Silverstar's bass worth? I'm beginner-intermediate, I don't really need a complicated config.

Why not just buy a kit with an 18?

The Imperialstars with good heads sound very good.

How much is the Tama Silverstar's bass worth? I'm beginner-intermediate, I don't really need a complicated config.

That's just it. They're a new line out from Tama, so nobody really has them yet. If you want to go through the trouble of finding a buyer and then possibly shipping it, it might not be worth it to sell. If it were a top of the line bass drum, then maybe somebody would be looking for it if it was the right color, but they aren't. On the Silverstar's, considering their price range, I would say you couldn't ask for more than $125 for it - and buyers are smart - they're going to realize that they'll need the rest of the drums if they want a kit that matches so your market for selling it gets smaller and smaller. That's why I recommend just keeping it. If the $115 for the other Tama is bugging you, just don't eat out or go to the movies for like a month ;)

If you haven't ordered the Silverstar kit, why don't you just order one with either a 20" x 18", which I would do, or the 18" x 14". Save yourself some headaches.

Dennis

Back