Has Anyone Seen Stan (Steamer)

Gotcha mate! you knew where I was coming from...a little boost from those lovely pies, eh? ;)

Thanks Ian and best not to get me started on my favorite pies :}

Have a nice cross section of cymbal sounds planned for the recording session today.

Hey Stan! Great to hear that things are good and the playing/teaching calender is full. I had a feeling you were good busy, and am glad I was right : )

I do miss your stuff in the playing section and your occasional broadside- defender of the faith tirades against the ignoramuses.

Good to hear from ya Stan, be well.

PS- And I also notice a certain Mr. Deltadrummer on this thread, which is certainly a healthy sign for this forum. Its seems like a good day, today.

Hey Stan! Great to hear that things are good and the playing/teaching calender is full. I had a feeling you were good busy, and am glad I was right : )

I do miss your stuff in the playing section and your occasional broadside- defender of the faith tirades against the ignoramuses.

Good to hear from ya Stan, be well.

PS- And I notice a certain Mr. Deltadrummer on this thread, which is certainly a healthy sign for this forum.

Thanks Abe and you and I have had some straight up exchanges here in the past i've enjoyed.

If I have new stuff sent my way to share i'll certainly post it down the road....

Yes nice to see Ken chime in :}

Hey, hey the gang's all here!!

Thanks for the kind and warm words. We've had some great times and some lengthy and thorough discussions. I know I've learned an immense amount from these discussions both public and private. It's nice that we all have fond memories of those moments even though some of the public threads could be fueled with heated debate and harsh disagreements. Nothing wrong with that. Best to all!!

Hey, hey the gang's all here!!

Thanks for the kind and warm words. We've had some great times and some lengthy and thorough discussions. I know I've learned an immense amount from these discussions both public and private. It's nice that we all have fond memories of those moments even though some of the public threads could be fueled with heated debate and harsh disagreements. Nothing wrong with that. Best to all!!

Healthy discussions, exchanges, debates and back and forth contrasting POV's is the straight course of action to learning i've found Ken.

Trolling on the other hand in discussions is something I have no time or tolerance for when it comes to internet forums......nothing learned...nothing gained.

P.S. I have a real nice track sent to me via a file sharing website from the rec. session the other day...killer playing and sounds from raw yet to be mixed data.....have to get the OK from the group's leader first before I can provide a Web link for a listen or download.....

Another side note.....

ATTENTION WEST COAST ART LOVERS!!!

The Surrealist show on till Sept. 25th at the Vancouver Art Gallery is SUPERB!!!

Many of my all time favorites on display. A personal few in particular being Max Ernst's large canvass "Day and Night" and Dali's "Agnostic Symbol" and “Gala and the Angelus of Millet Preceding the Imminent Arrival of the Conic Anamorphoses”.. Actually the huge comprehensive collection on display by several major as well as other lesser known Surrealist artist's is staggering to behold. The section on books, objects and about 30 films being shown in different rooms was an added treat. Give yourself about 2 1/2 hours to take it all in.....

GO SEE IT if in Vancouver!

Last edited:
Wow! It's like Old Home Week around here.
Where is Jay?
Jay, are you out there?
Good to hear from you Ken.

Wow! It's like Old Home Week around here.
Where is Jay?
Jay, are you out there?
Good to hear from you Ken.

Hi Bob, yes I'm here.

Haven't had anything really to talk about for awhile. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't touched my drums in weeks.

I was wondering about Stan Steamer, too. Good to see him back and still prospering

Hi Bob, yes I'm here.

Haven't had anything really to talk about for awhile. I'm ashamed to admit that I haven't touched my drums in weeks.

I was wondering about Stan Steamer, too. Good to see him back and still prospering

Thanks Jay and nice to see you around too......now we just need Polly to chime in with one of her ever humorous spot on observations and overviews to complete the cycle :}

Thanks Jay and nice to see you around too......now we just need Polly to chime in with one of her ever humorous spot on observations and overviews to complete the cycle :}

Oh ok ... unlike some unfortunates I'm saying yes yes yes to rehab for my forum addiction and trying to remember what real life is like.

Nice to see you again, Stan :) You always did put art first, internet second, which is the correct order of priority. Will look out for more tasty tracks from you when you get the recordings!

OK Now it is complete. Hi Pol
You guys are right, there hasn't been a lot to talk about around here lately.

Oh ok ... unlike some unfortunates I'm saying yes yes yes to rehab for my forum addiction and trying to remember what real life is like.

You too Polly and this is the honest to the bone wit of yours I was referring too ...... :}

I'll be sure to share whatever I get down the road......

I'm a muso, Stan, we perform on demand :)
My wife would disagree with that:)

Am I invited to the club? Have I been here long enough? Does my (lately uber poor) rock style exclude me?

Anyhow, I'm about to fix the "lack of discussion" issue. Next week I'll post my latest playing. It's a masterclass in how not to record music, bad drumming performance, & the penalties associated with trying to do things un prepared & without enough time. Should provide plenty of meat at the kill! I'm happy in my role of "forum duffer"!

lol

Am I invited to the club? Have I been here long enough? Does my (lately uber poor) rock style exclude me?

Can't see why not, Andy. You just performed on request ...

Anyhow, I'm about to fix the "lack of discussion" issue. Next week I'll post my latest playing.

Stop whingeing about it and just do it ya Pommie bastard... you have to admit that you're being very British about this ... I'm sure MFB would agree.:)

Last edited:
You guy's {gal's included} are a hoot!!!

Andy not to worry and don't feel left out since you fit right in, certainly a part of the Surreal circle and mix of musical oddballs {present company included} around here ...... :}

Stop whingeing about it and just do it ya Pommie bastard... you have to admit that you're being very British about this ... I'm sure MFB would agree.:)
Nah, not whinging, just setting myself up for the inevitable fall, & I will post it (hand trembles at this point) when the bloody video edit's done! I'm thinking of bringing MFB in as chief whingeing consultant to jump in with a preemptive multi faceted flame post. That way, I can get the pain dealt with in one go.

Thanks Stan, musical oddball, yeah, I can subscribe to that label. I'm thinking of forming a faux Mick Hucknallesque band called "Simply Shit". I should fit right in!

Anyhow, I'm about to fix the "lack of discussion" issue. Next week I'll post my latest playing. It's a masterclass in how not to record music, bad drumming performance, & the penalties associated with trying to do things un prepared & without enough time. Should provide plenty of meat at the kill! I'm happy in my role of "forum duffer"!

Are you really going to post something. Man, hasn't any one told you yet you suck. Some say it takes a lot of nerve to post, but man you got some nerve posting.

How's that to get you started? LOL!!!

I know I'm licking my chops....

Like wolves circling the wounded gazelle...

JK Andy, can't wait to hear...

Back