My Custom Arcs Maple Stave kit!

Does it sound any different than a ply shell? How different?

My previous kit (also my first kit) is a Sonor Force 3003, 9-ply maple-basewood, the difference between the two kits are that my Arcs kit has a wider tuning range, resonates longer, warmer sound and could say it is woodier...

There is a Pearl Masters bop kit (6-ply maple) at my music school which sounds great (my drum teacher knows how to tune them drums). Would love to take my Arcs set to lesson one day, let my teacher tune it up, and compare the two =)

When I first read your description, I thought that the different lugs might not look right on matching drums, but the pearl lugs are just close enough to where they look great. It really is a beautiful kit all around, cymbal set up included.

Congrats!

...waiting for sound samples... : ) 

ddd

Well... I don't post here anymore but I had to for these beauties!

They are truly beautiful! You're a very lucky man!

Those are beautiful. You say it was around $1000 for the shells including all drilling and bearing edges? I will have to look into this...

Around 1000$ for everything including the hardware I bough seperately =)

But you have to take into account that, Krónur, the Icelandic currency is really really weak. A year from now 1 dollar = 70 krónur, today 1 dollar = 127 krónur.

Awesome cymbals. Very nice...

Wonderful! Unfortunately, I'm antipodal to Iceland so it would be a horror to ship to Australia!
Seriously beautiful drums!

H

Back