Ultrasound wires Type "I" "C" "D". whats the difference?

joshthedrumkid97

Im buying new Pearl Ultrasound 42 strand snare wires. There are 3 types:
Type "I"
Type "C"
Type "D"
Whats the difference between these wires? Does it affect the sound of my snare drum?

Im buying new Pearl Ultrasound 42 strand snare wires. There are 3 types:
Type "I"
Type "C"
Type "D"
Whats the difference between these wires? Does it affect the sound of my snare drum?

The "end plates" on the wires are just cut differently. The "I" is cut straight, the "D" is a smiley face cut and the "C" is a frown face type of cut. These different cut configurations are where the end plates meet the wires. I have no idea why other than I guess that these areas do contact the head area and might have something to do with the snare drum's sensitivity. Your guess is as good as mine.

But why 42 strand wires, lol?

Dennis

The "end plates" on the wires are just cut differently. The "I" is cut straight, the "D" is a smiley face cut and the "C" is a frown face type of cut. These different cut configurations are where the end plates meet the wires. I have no idea why other than I guess that these areas do contact the head area and might have something to do with the snare drum's sensitivity. Your guess is as good as mine.

But why 42 strand wires, lol?

Dennis

the 42 strand wires are meant to have more sensitivity i think. And it covers more of the head so doing rolls on the side of the drum will still give you some snare response. Thats my best guess lol

Back