Wrote a new song........

Drumsword

Pioneer Member
A friend of mine who works at the bank and handles my loans, etc bought my last c.d. this past spring and really enjoyed it. last week she asked (That if I ever felt inspired to), to write a song about her 5 year old daughter Who she lost to cancer. THAT was hard as hell to write, and thinking of my own daughters as I wrote it made me pretty emotional during the penning of the words. I'll be recording it November 8th. I'll post it on the site for anyone to hear if they like.

Sounds like a true, emotional song. Feelings like that can often reflect upon art in quite remarkable ways, no matter the medium or genre.

I'll be looking forward to it.

Finished the lyrics, hammering out the final chords with my my guitarist now, melodies and structures are complete, Starting with a rain stick, Djembe and acoustic guitars, chorus reminiscent of an 80's power ballad. Possibly ending with my own 6 year old daughter saying "I love you mommy".............If I can bribe her. Here are the lyrics below, I didn't post them for a religious descussion, Just wrote from my heart. so please if anyone wants to turn it into one, Don't.

PHYLICIA

V.1
How Long has it been?
One year seems like ten
Wishing you were here with me
Wondering how this could be

Why would God take you away
I just wanted one more day
He saw the pain you felt inside
Now in His comfort you can hide

Chorus
Phylicia, everytime I think of you
I don't what to do
Should I sit down and cry
or Should I look towards the sky....
Phylicia, I feel the suns warming rays
could it be the smile from your face
Shining down on me

V.2
We just want you to know
That we all love you so
I miss your smile so bright
So happy and full of life

It hurts that you're not in this place
But you're with Jesus face to face
He's taken your pain away
We'll be with you again one day

Ah man, tears of joy almost made me cry, now how am i gonna keep myself from drowning the house with a song like that...

man i love heart songs too.

Outstanding job!

The song will carry a powerful, heartfelt resonance to all parents who have experianced the loss of a child.

Bravo!

please, please up load song when its recorded. i am always very moved by songs with such heartful meaning. beautiful, just beautiful.

Back