calling MAPEX owners!!!!!!

ENRICO

Silver Member
Hi!

I need your opinion about mapex iso Floor tom isolation mounting vs gauger (or any similar)

I know that both are very stable , I just want to know witch gives more resonance to the drum.

thanks!!

Mapex floor tom iso rules. Have no worries!!!!!

the mapex iso fits under 2 lugs on the floor tom, you would need to replace those lugs with mapex lugs in order for it to work. you'll have to look very carefully and measure the lug holes to see if their in the same location and since mapex is only single point of contact lugs there's only going to be 1 lug hole per lug where most companies use 2 holes. chances are pretty good the mapex ones won't work in which case i would go for the basket style.

the mapex iso fits under 2 lugs on the floor tom, you would need to replace those lugs with mapex lugs in order for it to work. you'll have to look very carefully and measure the lug holes to see if their in the same location and since mapex is only single point of contact lugs there's only going to be 1 lug hole per lug where most companies use 2 holes. chances are pretty good the mapex ones won't work in which case i would go for the basket style.

Thanks for replying but that's not really a problem , because the kit is going to be custom made. I only have to decide between the iso style and the basket style.

in that case i would go with the mapex iso. it's smaller, less hardware, spring cushioned tom feet. all around better design in my opinion....

I don't OWN a Mapex kit, but have used them on back line kits (Saturn) a few times.

The floor tom unit they have is great. It adjusted very smoothly, and it was comfortable to adjust the wing bolts. Stayed in place with no worries. Can't ask for more.

I use ft's with legs, and I would go with the Mapex ISO over the basket.
Integrated with the lugs, so there's no drilling anyway, and it's smaller so no fusing putting the drum in a case or a bag.

Same as Karl, ive played on plenty of Mapex kits to tell you the floor tom ISO Mounts are just fantastic, nice and compact and its very stable.

thanks for all the replies , now I'm leaning towards the mapex iso style.
I've knew that it was stable and it looks nice, but I wasn't sure that it can add as much sustein as the basquet style.

Back