New Store Opening in OC, Calif.

Midnite Zephyr

Platinum Member
It's been awhile since West Coast Drum Center closed its doors, but now we have a new drum store opening in Fullerton on March 4th, 2017. Lone Star Percussion has decided to come to California and take on this (hopefully) thriving market. It's ironic that it's Lone Star Percussion because many California companies are moving to Texas, so a Texas company coming here bucks the trend.

It's been awhile since West Coast Drum Center closed its doors, but now we have a new drum store opening in Fullerton on March 4th, 2017. Lone Star Percussion has decided to come to California and take on this (hopefully) thriving market. It's ironic that it's Lone Star Percussion because many California companies are moving to Texas, so a Texas company coming here bucks the trend.

Wow, this is great news! I had been going to West Coast Drum for over 30 years, and really miss them. Awesome!

That is good news. Other than ProDrum there aren't any other pro shops around. This will be nice and closer to Disneyland.

Don't get your hopes up. They are known for poor customer service. I went to college 20 minutes away from their main store, and there were plenty of stories.

Too far from me to shop there on any regular basis.

But interesting.

Kind of odd how much music is in LA, yet almost no drum shops, save Pro Drum.

CA is pretty unbusiness friendly,but I guess you gotta try.
Plenty of reasons on why not to move here,high energy prices ,high state income tax ,high sales tax and that doesn't include all the fees.

Pretty much either first or second in all of those categories.

Nice weather and that's about it.

Too far from me to shop there on any regular basis.

But interesting.

Kind of odd how much music is in LA, yet almost no drum shops, save Pro Drum.

Hollyweird used to have a ton ,but GC and such do take their toll.

Don't get your hopes up. They are known for poor customer service. I went to college 20 minutes away from their main store, and there were plenty of stories.

That may be true for back in the day when Harvey was owner, but I've nothing but great things to say about Lone Star now. Always very helpful.

I stopped by Lone Star today for a look, and it's a nice shop. Good guys there, Dan and Andy, and Patrick is out from the Dallas store for a little bit to get things going.

They have the major brands - Yamaha, Pearl, Tama, Mapex, Ludwig, DW, Gretsch, Sonor, and Pork Pie thrown in for good measure - but also some names you don't see in stores very often, or at all: Canopus, Dream Cymbals, Dynamicx & Black Swamp snares, Q Drums, Acoutin snares, I'm probably forgetting some :)

No used stuff at this point. They're still new, and I don't think they're focusing on that right now. But I did order some parts at a good price. :)

Bermuda

I stopped by Lone Star today for a look, and it's a nice shop. Good guys there, Dan and Andy, and Patrick is out from the Dallas store for a little bit to get things going.

They have the major brands - Yamaha, Pearl, Tama, Mapex, Ludwig, DW, Gretsch, Sonor, and Pork Pie thrown in for good measure - but also some names you don't see in stores very often, or at all: Canopus, Dream Cymbals, Dynamicx & Black Swamp snares, Q Drums, Acoutin snares, I'm probably forgetting some :)

No used stuff at this point. They're still new, and I don't think they're focusing on that right now. But I did order some parts at a good price. :)

Bermuda
Hey Jon,

I also stopped by there today. I was impressed with the store and their crew, and it's right on my way home from work, so that works for me. They've got a few things coming in for me also.

That was a beautiful store. I went on opening day. Impressive snare display, and finally a chance to check out some Dream cymbals. There might be a Dream China in my future. :)

Hey Jon,

I also stopped by there today. I was impressed with the store and their crew, and it's right on my way home from work, so that works for me. They've got a few things coming in for me also.

I was there until 3 or so, I musta just missed you!

I recall there was a Dunnett and a Geo. Way snare, and also an 8x14 Black Beauty. And a nice selection of mallets and small percussion, definitely leaning towards the concert market... stuff you'd never see at GC or Sam Ash. I was impressed with their full selection of tuning forks!

Bermuda

Back