7BALL PEDALS!?

MetallicaItalian

Has anybody ever heard of this thing!?
dp2000_1_162_detail.jpg

dp5000_red_001_2293_detail.jpg

Insanely cheap for the features. $130 and $160. INSANELY cheap for the features. They come with more than my DW5000 which I paid $340 for. If I ever need to replace it, I'm seriously considering these. I've always been a Pearl and DW chain pedal kinda guy (despise direct-drive and Iron Cobras). This seems like the perfect alternative.

http://www.7ballmusic.com/store/pc/catalog/dp5000_red_001_2293_detail.jpg

Last edited:
Two baseplates, two single pedal capability, double chain drive. Interesting.

From Amazon:

Product Description
This listing is for a BRAND NEW 7Ball DP2000 Dual-Chain Drive Double Bass Drum Pedal. The dual chains fit into a felt-lined channel of the cam providing smooth, quite performance with lots of power. The fast and smooth playing action is where the DP2000 pedal design really shows off. These drive systems come with lots of adjustability so you can fine tune the angles, separation of the pedals, spring tension on both pedals, beater heights, 4 beater surfaces, to your liking. Each adjustment can be made efficiently and on-the fly either by hand or with one of the 3 tools stored on board. It comes with a drum key and two allen wrenches. Spring tension is easily adjusted from ridiculously high rebound to super floppy with the turn of a thumbscrew at the base of the spring on each pedal. Beater height is easily set with a drum key and memorized with a memory lock. The lock makes quick work of setting up the pedal and ensures perfect positioning every time. The bass drum hoop clamp is tightened by a wing nut, conveniently positioned at the right side of the pedal board. The width adjustment rod extends from 12" up to 18" to provide further flexibility and positioning.

After looking further, these seem to be exactly like my VEX double pedal which I don't use much. The only problem I see is a bit of slop where the foot piece meets the base plate. Poor choice of bearings or something. Don't know if it will affect the life span but it just doesn't feel right under foot. Go to www.vex.com to look at the photos. Even the pix you posted show two different foot plates. The VEX cost me 99.00 shipped. Two single pedals, 4 way beaters, three springs, which helps with lag and feel.

Last edited:
For only 160$? That's a steal. Although I've never heard of those pedals before, they look pretty nice for the price. I'd get 'em :p

My son and I actually Own these pedals, I like them they are great. I do like direct drive pedals better myself, But I thought for the price why not try them. I use a Roland kit and my son uses a Ludwig Kit. The only problem is, now, you can't seem to get them. I brought mine back in 2010.

... they'll look horrible when the paint starts to chip.

Attachments

• Picture 4.png
    Picture 4.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 924
  • Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    169.7 KB · Views: 946
  • Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    181.7 KB · Views: 895
  • Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    161.6 KB · Views: 876
  • Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    141 KB · Views: 912
  • Picture 9.png
    Picture 9.png
    117.5 KB · Views: 919
  • Picture 10.png
    Picture 10.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 854
I believe that my dog would lift its leg over that red set, lol. I agree, they would look quite nasty once the chipping begins.

Dennis

Back