help me fix this throne?

Patz

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TAMHT130?siid=115763&gclid=CKLx65LBnMQCFQaQaQodLkAAAg

I bought one of these used on ebay. It arrived today so I tried it out. The seat height adjustment isn't holding. I'm not sure if you can see in the pic but it's the thumb screw there above the top of the legs. It should be clenching the neck but it doesnt. I think there might be a ring or something missing. I contacted the seller and am waiting to hear back. But if needed, does anyone have any ideas for a fix? It doesn't even look like the thumb screw it putting any pressure on it at all. Maybe one of you has one of these and can tell me more about it?

when you turn the screw is it decreasing the diameter of that ring, or just spinning? screw could be stripped, you may need a new screw or just replace that part. its also possible you can get a similar ring from a local music store. basically that ring just stops the throne pole from sinking any further in the hole below.

when you turn the screw is it decreasing the diameter of that ring, or just spinning? screw could be stripped, you may need a new screw or just replace that part. its also possible you can get a similar ring from a local music store. basically that ring just stops the throne pole from sinking any further in the hole below.

right. It's not squeezing. The thumb screw goes all the way down and stops, but the spot that should be making contact with the shaft doesn't look to be pressing inward. I poked at it with a knife but it doesn't move. I'm gonna keep messing with it. I do think there's a collar missing. Hopefully someone here has that throne and can tell me.

If you enlarge the image from the Zzounds website, you can see that right above the wing screw, there is what I suspect to be the 'collar' you said might be missing. That is the memory lock. Those are paramount for the function of thrones like these. Thankfully, if you measure the tube size, you can get a memory lock for it at just about any drum shop or online music retailer.

If you enlarge the image from the Zzounds website, you can see that right above the wing screw, there is what I suspect to be the 'collar' you said might be missing. That is the memory lock. Those are paramount for the function of thrones like these. Thankfully, if you measure the tube size, you can get a memory lock for it at just about any drum shop or online music retailer.

Mine doesn't have the memory lock but it looks like one. It's fully connected though so it doesn't move on the shaft. That's still a good idea about getting one though!

Back