New DW 9000 Double Bass Pedals - How do I sell?

NickSabian

Hi guys, new to this forum but not having any luck selling my pretty much brand new DW 9000 Double Bass pedals. I just paid $579 + tax for them and the foot boards are too short for my size 13 shoe. However, since I used them a few times they wouldn't take them back. SOOOO, instead of being raped by Ebay for fees I posted them on Craigslist. First at $425 then two days later took them all the way down to $380.

No bites?? These are some of the best pedals on the market and I can't believe no one has scooped them up here in Tampa Bay Area as soon as they were posted and especially since I've lowered brand new $600 pedals to $380. Am I way out in left field for someone who wants new but doesn't want to pay retail for such an awesome set? Thanks

http://store.dwdrums.com/p/dw-9000-double-pedal-w-case-older-version?pp=10

Last edited:
You should be able to return them unless you've had them longer than 30 days. At worst, they'll charge a minor restocking fee.

Where did you buy them?

Guitar Center, and I've had them for about a month and a half. Said he could only give me their usual 1/2 of what they'd sell them used for which was around $225. Manager wouldn't override it so never shopping there again, however, I did use them about 7 times.

Oh, that's too bad. You shouldn't have waited so long though. I bought some DW pedals recently too, and I made sure to check them out immediately. If I didn't like them, I would have immediately returned them. In fact, I did just that with a DW hi-hat stand. Tried it for one rehearsal, packed it up and sent it back. I had to pay the return shipping, but still better than keeping a stand I don't like.

GC has a pretty liberal return policy - 30 days is a lot more than most other stores offer.

I think you'd be better off using the experience as a lesson learned, rather than blaming the store.

No specific advice about the pedals other than the usual ebay, CL, or trade-in though.

I've had good success trading with eBay sellers and buyers, and have never felt raped by fees.

The pricing model that I use, which seems supported by checking completed listings for actual sales (as opposed to asking prices which did not sell) is borrowed from a major sports equipment resaler specializing in used sporting gear.

The formula is simple: take MSRP and multiply it by 60%

Your pedals should sell pretty quickly at 349.00, add 20.00 to ship them USPS Parcel Select or UPS Ground to anywhere in the lower 48 states. Looking at the completed listings for this set of pedals and you will see an active range from 299 - 400.

Cut your losses, consider it a lesson learned, try before you buy, buy good used equipment, learn how to shop for good used equipment - and save.

Remember, you asked for a pricing strategy, this one is proven to work.

Times are tough. It's a buyers market. Now you know what those pedals are truly worth. Great pedal, seems to me that with size 13 peds that you would know you need longboards.

Times are tough. It's a buyers market. Now you know what those pedals are truly worth. Great pedal, seems to me that with size 13 peds that you would know you need longboards.

Yep. A couple days ago I missed out on a Trick Dominator (less than four hours practice time on it) which sold for 150.00 delivered!

About the only thing I buy new anymore are sticks, brushes, and heads. And I'll shop those hard as well. As they say, a penny saved is a penny earned.

Sorry they're not working out due to shoe size. But I have to ask, you didn't try them before you bought them? DW pedals are pretty common and everyone usually has them on the floor.

Unrelated question, how did people with large feet play before the advent of the 'longboard'? And when I look at my Pearl Demon pedal, the long board conversion from short board really isn't that long. Is it that hard for you to not learn how to play on them? I'm sure you're not the only one with big feet. Large feet have been playing pedals for a long time, and they didn't make longboards until recently. Are you sure you can't play them? Then you could keep them.

Good point Bo. Back in 95 I lent my DW5000 pedal to another drummer at a festival. Big guy, I mean NFL lineman big. He had never used a DW pedal before. After his set he just raved about that pedal. I swear his feet must have been size 18.

Good point Bo. Back in 95 I lent my DW5000 pedal to another drummer at a festival. Big guy, I mean NFL lineman big. He had never used a DW pedal before. After his set he just raved about that pedal. I swear his feet must have been size 18.

See? Methinks you've succumbed to today's marketing ploy. I say you liked them enough to pay what you did, I say try to make them work, and I'll bet you can. They're really good pedals, unless you went Trick or Axis, it's not going to get much better than that. Give it a shot and see if your feet really don't fit.

Thanks Tony A. I think I'll use your "theory of relativity" formula. LOL! Makes logical sense. I did however, already go to the Axis A longboards and (for me anyway) they work wonders, but It will take a couple of weeks to truly feel them as this is my first run in with "Direct Drive" pedals and they have a completely different feel. Of course, nothing a little practice, tweaking tension, angles, and set up can't cure pretty quickly.

Thanks again, also picked up a BNWT Meinl Mb20 18" Heavy crash this morning from a drum shop going out of business for only $129. Might be the best deal I've ever gotton on a $370 cymbal! Rock on! Nick

I am in the market for a double pedal and I'd pay $380 for that pedal. I live in Michigan, though. I'm not sure what the cost of shipping would be, but if it's reasonable, I would pay it.

instead of being raped by Ebay for fees I posted them on Craigslist. First at $425 then two days later took them all the way down to $380.

No bites?? These are some of the best pedals on the market and I can't believe no one has scooped them up here in Tampa Bay Area as soon as they were posted and especially since I've lowered brand new $600 pedals to $380.

CRAIGSLIST is free, and sometimes takes awhile to get results. You need to be persistent, like moving your ad up every week or so, easy to get delayed sales on CL tho.

Back