Love for the Starclassic kit!

Bo Eder

Platinum Member
Prior to putting my Granstars back into action soon with 17" hi-hats and my one ride, I wanted to show some love for my Starclassic kit. As some of you know, I sold my Stewart Copeland snare and managed to get my hands on two Tama 6.5x13 snares. One is an Artwood maple in the titanium burst, and the other is a Metalworks steel. These two drums were upgraded with 2.3mm hoops from Drum Factory and the maple is tuned down and phat and the metal is tuned high and tight. This kit will also get converted into a four-piece (the 10" tom will go in its case and end up in my closet) since I think I play better with less drums. Right now, I'm jazzed about having a same-sized spare snare in the set-up, but I'm not planning on getting my head around using both snares in one groove (it sounds disruptive to me). I'm sticking with the play one snare for one song method right now. And it's pretty cool to have the right snare sound for the song. Audiences seem to notice too ;)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• set-from-front.jpg
    set-from-front.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 1,022
  • set-from-back.jpg
    set-from-back.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 956
  • two-snares.jpg
    two-snares.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 923
Here are the new versions.. This is some of the coolest lacquer jobs I have ever seen.. It seems not many even notice what Tama does, let alone what kind of history is behind the company.

These are much better than the Yamaha swirl's I have seen IMO.

2539.jpg

2542.jpg

2620.jpg

2622.jpg

Dude.. these finishes KILL the Yamaha attempts.. although I love Yamaha. Imagine the Club Customs with this nice of a swirl finish.

If DW did something this cool... you would'nt hear the end of it from the DW rat pack.. hehe

I just opened this thread and I'm seeing those finishes for the first time. WOW. Tama makes such quality stuff. Man.

I just opened this thread and I'm seeing those finishes for the first time. WOW. Tama makes such quality stuff. Man.

absolutely

and those Starclassics always sound so killer

......and cats should hire Bo to tune them.....that cat knows how to get drums sounding sweeeeeeet

absolutely

......and cats should hire Bo to tune them.....that cat knows how to get drums sounding sweeeeeeet

Thanks! But in the case of my limited editions, as a cost saving measure they shipped with those cheap Tama 250 reso heads on the toms. Those HAVE to go before any serious tuning attempt can be made. I would imagine on these beautiful kits they're probably shipping them in the same way so everybody buying them: BUDGET for new bottom heads!

Then call me over to tune them ;)

Yup, you gotta love Tama Starclassic. I just added a snare to my collections too. I picked up a 6.5 x 14 Starclassic in Smokey Indigo Burst to match my kit (4 piece in SIB). I already had a Superstar 8 x 14, but I couldn't resist getting one to match in Bubinga/Birch. I'm swapping the head on the 6.5 to a EC Reverse dot to cut down the ring a bit.
The finish is just beautiful, and the hardware is super high quality.

absolutely

Trust me, I'd love to just that. But we live just far enough away it would be a hellish drive for Bo.

I'm just loving the sound of this kit! I've owned a few kits (Pearl, Ludwig, Tama SS), and I've played many more, but I've never played anything that sounds as good as what I'm hearing from the Starclassics.

Pics of kit with the new Starclassic 6.5" x 14" snare in Smoky Indigo Burst

bottom_view_1.jpg

top_view_1.jpg

Back