Remo equivilent of Evans Genera dry

pie

Same question as title.

I could be wrong here, I've been away from Remo heads for about three years, but I don't believe there is an equivalent. I don't remember any Remo heads having air vents around the perimeter of the head. This is the major reason they call the Evans Genera Dry, dry. The Genera Dry is a 10 mil single ply head with a 2 mil overtone ring on the underside of the head with the air vents.

Dennis

The powerstroke 3 head. Single ply 10-mil, with a control ring. Although I'm not sure if that ring is 2-mil like the Evans GD.

I could be wrong here, I've been away from Remo heads for about three years, but I don't believe there is an equivalent. I don't remember any Remo heads having air vents around the perimeter of the head. This is the major reason they call the Evans Genera Dry, dry. The Genera Dry is a 10 mil single ply head with a 2 mil overtone ring on the underside of the head with the air vents.

Dennis

I've never seen a Remo head with air vents either. There is nothing on their website to indicate one exists. All the Powerstroke models (3, 4 & X) have a 2 mil overtone ring on the underside and will be very 'dry' sounding. But no air vents.

Yeah only Evans makes heads with air vents, you could use a small drill bit and do it yourself, but I'd rather just go with the Evans head. I've got the coated Genera HD Dry head on my snare right now and really like it, except the holes can kind of be a pain in the ass when I'm playing with brushes.

The PS3 is not really an equivalent--it sounds nothing like a Genera dry. The Evans head is definitely drier and, IMO, there are very few snares that sound good with it. Seems to work magic with some, though.

Back