Hardest instruments to play

Hardest wind instruments are the French horn, oboe and flute, because it takes an immense amount of practice just to be able to make a pleasing sound.

As a former player I can tell you that French Horn is not that hard... it's not as hard as the tuba or trombone as far as brass instruments are concerned.

Drums are definitely more difficult than guitar.

I think to play anything to a high level is difficult. One of the "hardest" instruments I play is the humble pandeiro.

These "simple" looking instruments and pretty amazing in the right hands! Related to the pandeiro, is the riq. I am trying to learn the riq which is pretty intriguing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAshV_fkzK0

Another difficult instrument, that I can't even get close to playing is the Irish rhythm bones. Yikes! They're hard. I have had them for a few years and they have sat out of sight in my percussion drawer. I get discouraged every time I fail at these confounded things!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPZeAMshDtM

Here's how to play the rhythm bones:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3TszZGDcA&feature=related

Take care

GJS

A lot of you know a lot about computers so I thought Id ask you guys.

I want a laptop for a mentally handicapped person. All he will do is play CD-ROM games on it. No "gamer" games like WarCraft or anything like that; kids games like Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob and such. No internet and no other programs will be used. What are the bare essentials that I need to have on the laptop so that he can use it? All I know is that it needs to have Windows and a video card.

I dont want to spend 300 and up on this. I really would like to find a used computer store to buy it from, but there arent any near me. I thought I would try to find one on the internet or ask some of my friends in FL to scope out a couple of repair shops for me.

Thanks in advance

A lot of you know a lot about computers so I thought Id ask you guys.

I want a laptop for a mentally handicapped person. All he will do is play CD-ROM games on it. No "gamer" games like WarCraft or anything like that; kids games like Dora the Explorer, SpongeBob and such. No internet and no other programs will be used. What are the bare essentials that I need to have on the laptop so that he can use it? All I know is that it needs to have Windows and a video card.

I dont want to spend 300 and up on this. I really would like to find a used computer store to buy it from, but there arent any near me. I thought I would try to find one on the internet or ask some of my friends in FL to scope out a couple of repair shops for me.

Thanks in advance

You might send a "chain" letter to friends asking for someone to donate their old laptop to your friend. If they do not have an old laptop themselves, then you can ask them to send this request on to some other people. Lots of people frequently upgrade to newer technology even though their existing laptop still works. And, it is the holiday season, so people may be getting laptops as gifts.

Good luck with helping your friend; you are doing something really noble.

GJS

Hi Guys !

The Trumpet Harmonica possibly the easiest instrument in the world to play and arguably the hardest instrument to play and you end up with the most ridiculous thing you’d ever want to put your lips to.

Thanks for injecting some sanity here...

a "western" drumset is the most easiest instrument to learn: any kid can watch the drummer and imitate it in a minute, most basically crossing hands and play right hand on the highhat, left hand on the snare...

These kinda comments completely leave me scratching my head...

I have played other instruments and I think that drums are going to be the most challenging...yes, there are easy grooves, but playing drums well is a whole other story. Keeping a perfect beat, keeping your feet in sync with your hands to ensure your playing is not sloppy...that takes a lot of effort and practice. I can feel a beat easily, but from my first lesson I could already see what challenges lie ahead of me (eg. my foot lags slightly behind the beat for the kick drum). Then there are those mad players with fancy-schmancy fills and stupendous speed. I can only hope to achieve that level of technical prowess.

I agree with the comments here that the harp is difficult. French horn is apparently a nightmare to get a good sound out of.

Back