My First Meinl

Bull

Gold Member
318977_4664007115589_1741963695_n.jpg

A 23" Byzance Traditional Heavy Ride.

These cymbals are far more versatile than I expected,considering the weight. Totally crashable in the high volume situation that I am in. The local shop had a couple. There was a huge weight difference between the two. The heavier one had great ping and really nice bell sound but it's crash was a bit gongy. I chose the lighter cymbal. I sacrificed some cut and ping but I already have an arsenal of anvils. My only real complaint,after playing it for a few hours, is that I wish the bell was a bit larger.

Ahhh. I love that warm new toy feeling.

Congrats! The Byzances are indeed great cymbals, and a lot more versatile than you'd expect. Did you manage to score a good deal?

I love the Heavy Rides, they have just a little more articulation than the Medium Ride, that I prefer. And it's still crashable.

Nice buy!

That's great. At least you have a local shop that sells Meinl. I have to get mine from the internets...a hope and a prayer that it sounds what I think it sounds like. Audio files help, of course, but still..

Enjoy your cymbal. I think we live in great times with so many cymbal options available to us. I remember the dark times when we had but two, then three and four. Nowadays I tend to buy as many great cymbals as I can get. Possibly inspired by a fear our choices will dry up. :p

The Byzance lines are wonderful. Enjoy.

When I was a kid,the stores in Mississippi only carried Zildjian. I never saw a Paiste until I was 18. Lol

Still loving this cymbal. I might look into some Byzance crashes sometime.

Back