Chase Music - Manchester (UK)...

SquadLeader

Gold Member
Has anyone purchased a cymbal from these people...
They are mainly Ebay sellers and I noted t'other day that whilst their cymbals have 'Chase' written on them they have the same codes as Stagg cymbals.
So I asked them what the score was and they explained that their cymbals come off the standard Stagg production line and they have them bespoke stamped with their shop logo.
Here's an example of their MY-RR20B cymbal....
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stagg-20-Myra-Rock-Ride-Cymbal-MY-RR20B-/140871372023?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Drums_Percussions_MJ&hash=item20cc968cf7
It's a Stagg Myra 20" Rock Ride Cymbal.

The rub is that their cymbals are around half the price of the Stagg ones...and I quite fancy a large Myra or Fusia Rock cymbal yet would rather pay c£120 for the one above than £200.

Any thoughts on this? I've not come across shops selling major lines of high profile cymbals under their own company name at all....have I just not looked hard enough ??

A cheap enough price, but if you want real quality, I can hook you up with the UK distributor of Amedia cymbals, & get you beautiful hand hammered Turkish pies for the same price as that Stagg in the link. Really, no competition = not even close :)

I haven't come across shop brands of cymbals in recent years but it used to be common.

A lot of the Turkish makes are actually using an OEM. I can't remember the exact details of the relationships but Soultone and Masterworks are essentially the same as well as a few others. They're just rebranded.

Those Amedias are very nice.

A cheap enough price, but if you want real quality, I can hook you up with the UK distributor of Amedia cymbals, & get you beautiful hand hammered Turkish pies for the same price as that Stagg in the link. Really, no competition = not even close :)

I feel really dirty...

But go on then....

I feel really dirty...

But go on then....
No problem :) Send me a PM with your details, & I'll get Alex to contact you. For the quality, Alex is selling at silly prices. I'll have a word, & see if he can cut you a very low price deal.

I've played Amedia for the last 3 years, & no complaints whatsoever. At the time, I A-B'd them with most very top end lines out there, & they came out on top for me. There's a vast range available, & the fact that they're (currently) half the price of anything remotely comparable, is just a huge bonus.

Keep it Simple,

If it's not any trouble, I wouldn't mind knowing if there is an Irish distributor for those cymbals, or even if the UK is one and the same with Ireland in distribution, they look nice.

Back