So the acquisitions continue.

Good product, but I dont see why it would not soon be replaced by a smartphone app. On that basis I would not invest in the tune-bot company.
BTW I am on my second tune-bot, first one stopped working after around 6 months.

Good product, but I dont see why it would not soon be replaced by a smartphone app. On that basis I would not invest in the tune-bot company.
BTW I am on my second tune-bot, first one stopped working after around 6 months.

There were several iOS and Android apps about but most of them were removed from sale after Tunebot threatened legal action, they hold a patent for tuning a drum in this way. Shame really as one of the iOS apps in particular was very good.

Mark

Do you want to get acquired Andy?

Anon! So glad you popped in. I miss you terribly.

Anon quit the Blue Mabels and instead is following her own avant garde inclinations that are much more satisfying to her. She feels she is moving in a different direction than the general course of this forum and doesn't feel on the same page anymore, at least that's how I interpreted what she said in and email exchange we had recently. I for one still love her unique take on things no matter what she's doing musically. You'll always be royalty here in my mind Nonnie.

There were several iOS and Android apps about but most of them were removed from sale after Tunebot threatened legal action, they hold a patent for tuning a drum in this way. Shame really as one of the iOS apps in particular was very good.

Mark

I wish I could find the patent in question, as i'm certain that it would be trivial to avoid infringement.

Drumtune Pro and iDrumTune appear to have done exactly this.

I wish I could find the patent in question, as i'm certain that it would be trivial to avoid infringement.

Drumtune Pro and iDrumTune appear to have done exactly this.

US Patent 8,502,060 is the patent that they claim to have.

Mark

I downloaded and tried idrumtech yesterday for a few hours (yes its been removed from markets but still easy to find if you want to) and after playing with this i don't see the need.. was able to tune my kit in way way less time and sounds better to my ears, which are what matter in the end not what a machine tells me it should sound like :)

P.S. I know that this thread is about tunebot, but hell since idrumtech was so exactly the same that they had to take legal action i think it fits the conversation..

Back