1710 Percussion Owner Gives Back to Where Love of Music Started

Scott K Fish

Silver Member
Union grad donates drums to school
Posted: Thursday, January 29, 2015 4:00 am

03c7cd_3ad798ea7581b447f07d85b9e2eee8a9-jpg_srz_867_578_75_22_0-50_1-20_0-00_jpg_srz.jpeg

A Union High graduate who owns a custom drums company donated some of his wares to his alma mater.

Union High graduate Michael Caimona, founded Maryland-based 1710 Percussion in 2012. The business, which makes drums..., arose from Caimona’s hobby of building personal snare drums and refurbishing kits.

In December, Caimona built three custom snare drums and donated them to the Union High School music department...to show his respect to...where he learned to play the drums.

aid Caimona. “My love for music took shape the moment I started drum lessons in elementary school. I had to give something back to the school.”

Caimona presented the snare drums to the music department and fielded questions from students for over an hour.

“We talked about music, my experiences in school and how I started building drums,” he said.

1710 Percussion’s focus is not limited to creating drums tailored to their clients; charity is an equally important part of the company culture.

Full Story

Scott K Fish Blog: Life Beyond the Cymbals

Wonderful story. They got some great drums!

Back