My Gear....

Beautiful kits there! What are the woods of each?

A few snares..

Yamaha Birch Custom Absolute

Dixon Brady Rosegum.

Rosewood Dixon Brady Artisan.

DrumCraft aluminum and bell brass.

I freaking love the lug design of the higher end Pearls, and the Nouveau lugs. Great looking gear, man.

Let's be friends, you and I.

Lovin' the kits and cymbals. It all looks very comfortable.

Thank you. You have quite a nice setup yourself. The sparkle wraps look killer!

The blue ice kit are Masterworks toms with a Maple Masters Kick. I didn't want to hijack the other guys thread totally, so I will answer your query here. The wrap is 3M vinyl vehicle wrap with powder coated blue chrome hardware.
I don't have any sparkle wraps, or any what you would call traditional wrapped drums.
I always wanted a Masterworks kit, but the prices even for used kits was out of my budget. Buying them a piece at a time, I got the drums for less than $1200 I think, and the with the wrap and extra supplies I probably dropped another $400. Considering a complete kit that size would retail for close to 9 grand, I am happy with my work.

No matter how many times you reach your dream kit, once it is had, there will always be another conquest on the horizon. Mine right now is to cast my own brass shelled snare from scratch. I almost have enough scrap cymbals saved up. And the plan for a backyard forge is getting done.

Back