Double Bass Pedal Calibration

theuntitleddrummer

I notice it feels different when i play with my right foot (my dominant foot) on the left pedal.
The right pedal is a lot faster. But here's the problem. The springs are the same tension and the beats are positioned the the same. And I tried play fast with my right foot on both pedals but the left pedal can't do it.

I notice it feels different when i play with my right foot (my dominant foot) on the left pedal.
The right pedal is a lot faster. But here's the problem. The springs are the same tension and the beats are positioned the the same. And I tried play fast with my right foot on both pedals but the left pedal can't do it.

It's because your right foot is the dominant foot! Happens to all of us. We develop a dominant foot and its hard to break it, just gotta work it out.

No i dont think you understand sorry if i wasnt clear enough..
i meant I played on the LEFT pedal with my RIGHT foot and i cant get the same speed as like RIGHT pedal. I tried my dominant foot on both pedals and the LEFT PEDAL is a LOT slower harder to play on
I use a DW 7000
thanks in advance

Make sure the drive connector is angled the same way on both sides and that the slave pedal is not turned to far either way, also if you put an extra spring on the slave pedal it will not have as much lag. I don't know if that works on DW pedals but it does on axis.

Make sure the drive connector is angled the same way on both sides and that the slave pedal is not turned to far either way, also if you put an extra spring on the slave pedal it will not have as much lag. I don't know if that works on DW pedals but it does on axis.

Thanks for the advice it makes sense..I try it out!
Any more opinions would definitely help thanks

Thanks for the advice it makes sense..I try it out!
Any more opinions would definitely help thanks

I have read other reviews that state the same issue you are having on this particular pedal. You can try messing around with the tensions on both pedals, sometimes one needs to be tighter in order to achieve the same feel on the slave pedal since it is not directly attached but through a linkage. This seems to be less of an issue with the higher end pedals (ie. IC, DW9000)

I have read other reviews that state the same issue you are having on this particular pedal. You can try messing around with the tensions on both pedals, sometimes one needs to be tighter in order to achieve the same feel on the slave pedal since it is not directly attached but through a linkage. This seems to be less of an issue with the higher end pedals (ie. IC, DW9000)

I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN AN IRON COBRA!!!! I TRIED FIXING IT, IT GOT BETTER BUT STILL NOT SATISFIED.

Back