Billy Ward here!

Re: I'm here! - Billy Ward

Hey Billy,

I bet you're sick and tired of everyone saying "hello, you're great" by now, but i thought i would say hey and thanks for sharing your knowledge on drumming with us all. even though it's only over the internet i feel privileged to be typing to you. so thankyou once again I would love to ask you loads of questions about your career and drumming techniques, but I won't because i'm sure you are very busy.

Thanks again

Mikey Scott

too funny!!!!

Hey Mr. B - I'm playing at Musikmesse. Will very much look forward to seeing ou again -

my playing schedule:
AGORA Stage
Wednesday - 29 March 2006
12:00 Billy Ward

Thursday - 30 March 2006
13:00 Billy Ward

NUTHA JASON said:
haha. another good hand/finger/wrist exercise that i use is this...

the gyro ball. mine is a neon one. they are amazing. i wont type much here about them. it is best if you check their website out. but it is used by all sorts og sportspeople )tennis and golf particularly).
http://www.powerballs.com/

hand_base2.jpg
i wonder if you've tried one of these out billy? anyone else?

i got one of those for christmas. pretty neat. for me i don't know if it's exercising my

fingers, but they do get sore after a while from trying to hold onto the thing, and it

definitely works your wrist, and for me, my lower forearm.

but i don't know if the soreness in my fingers is a result from them being exercised, or just

fatigue from holding on to it.

japalm said:
Billy, greetings from Cincinnati. I admire your work and I always look forward to your articles in MD. I'll have a cheese coney in honor of your presence here on DW. ;)

Makes me wish I was near a Skyline!! Hey Billy, another former Cincy guy here, just saying hello. I'll be in NYC soon, maybe we can hang? Glad to see you're here, I just joined up myself.

Sonorholic said:
Makes me wish I was near a Skyline!! Hey Billy, another former Cincy guy here, just saying hello. I'll be in NYC soon, maybe we can hang? Glad to see you're here, I just joined up myself.

Man.... yeah! Great to hear from you S-holic! Will enjoy seeing you whenever it happens!

I'm around NYC alot the next couple-a-months. But then Musickmesse (frankfurt) for a minute. and then a clinic tour in May. I don't think I'm allowed to announce it yet myself... :(

Will be great to see you whenever I can.
Hey - I just bought a bmw wagon. (i know you are into cars - you have an audi, right?) I hate the stigma here in the states about buying a decent car - but I'm non-repentant mostly.

GO DRUMMERWORLD!

Hello Billy,

I'm sorry if this sounds really ignorant, but are you the same person as 'Bill Ward', who tours with Black Sabbath. This has been bugging me for some time now...

Not to mention, what, about 30 years age difference?

I saw Bill Ward in '04 with Sabbath and Ozzy..them old dudes still rock.

Stu_Strib said:
Not to mention, what, about 30 years age difference?

I saw Bill Ward in '04 with Sabbath and Ozzy..them old dudes still rock.

Hey there! Stu - just saw this note of yours. Bernhard and some others probably saw this but didn't want to step in - because most folks are so sensitive about hiding their (old) age.
I think Bill (from sabbath) is only 6 years or so older than me. Maybe less - met him once when we were both Sabian artists. Nice guy!
I was born in 1952. It's amazing what all the surgery has done to keep me "fresh".. :D

Honestly - this is the truth. Others hide their age. I'm over it - LITERALLY. HA!
See?... I'm not that smart - just been around a bit.

Bw

Hi Billy, I can still remember your interview in Modern Drummer in which you explained how to make cheat sheets for those last minute gigs. You charted out the bars and wrote like CRASH! or BOOM! overhead in various places. I thought it was such a good idea that I started experimenting with it and found it worked! Wow, that was a long time ago. Welcome....and I'm going to buy your DVD. Thanks for sharing that info with MD, it helped me a lot.

Last edited:

Guinness Drunk said:
Hi Billy, I can still remember your interview in Modern Drummer in which you explained how to make cheat sheets for those last minute gigs. You charted out the bars and wrote like CRASH! or BOOM! overhead in various places. I thought it was such a good idea that I started experimenting with it and found it worked! Wow, that was a long time ago. Welcome....and I'm going to buy your DVD. Thanks for sharing that info with MD, it helped me a lot.

Thanks Guiness! nice name you've got there! :D

That quickie chart system is in my book as the end as well. (Inside Out; the mental aspects of drumming - modern drummer publications)

That bit in the magazine was so small - i'm impressed you dug it out of there!
Bw

Maybe DrummerWorld should have a stand at the show?!

If not then we should all get together for that day anyway!!

I come over Saturday and Sunday September 23 & 24 - also to check out Nuthas new DrumStudio.

Nutha and I will have media press accreditation. At Frankfurt Musikmesse this month I will meet Ian Croft - the nice man running DrummersLive and DRUMMER magazine to fix the details.

So I heard that the program is very stuffed - and we come to watch - we have no time for a own booth. So I think Nutha will find a place Saturday afternoon/evening after the program for a beer hangout?

Bernhard

Back