Phil Collins seeks Chester Thompson

Phildas

Greetings all drum brothers and sistas.

Does Phil Collins & Chester Thompson totally inspire you? I play like Phil (and have the replica of His classic black Gretsch), have 18 years playing experience in many music styles, incl Genesis tributes. I am seeking a Chester for a new exciting drum centric project based in London UK. Percussionists also welcome.

If this sounds like something that you dig, contact me!

Let's rock this joint!

Best regards

Phildas S Bhakta

Last edited:
No, but cool project, let us know when you're ready to post some mp3s.

Side trivia: what's the name of the Zappa tune that inspired Genesis to call Chester? The signature lick in this Z tune can be found, borrowed, at the end of Genesis' song Afterglow.

'More Trouble Every Day' is the song where that fill is played by Chester and Ralph Humphrey on Zappa's album 'Roxy and Elsewhere'.

'More Trouble Every Day' is the song where that fill is played by Chester and Ralph Humphrey on Zappa's album 'Roxy and Elsewhere'.

Indeed! You beat me to it mate!

Cheers

Phildas

I am currently coming out of a short 24 year break and Midlands based, but feel free to drop me a line.

I am currently coming out of a short 24 year break and Midlands based, but feel free to drop me a line.

U must like Genesis since u got one of their flight case! Would be great to have a jam with you but...Midlands is far from London!!!

Phildas

U must like Genesis since u got one of their flight case! Would be great to have a jam with you but...Midlands is far from London!!!

Phildas
Genesis has been in my blood since 1976 and they remain my all time favourite band.

Back in 1977, I put a Genesis tribute band together with double drummers for a school show - it brought the house down and suddenly made me a hit with the girls! (grin)

I feel privileged to have worked with them and as a result, to have seen them around 100 or so times, so many happy memories.

I must dig out some of my tour shots and add them to my website sometime.

Indeed it is shame about the distance, but tell me more when you can.

Alas, it's a long way across the Indian Ocean, mainland Europe and the Channel to London from here.

How great was that! Chester and Ralph Humphrey? Love the Son of Orange County segue into More Trouble Every Day - outstanding!

Double drummers are great, like Bill Bruford and Pat Mastelotto with King Crimson. The hard part is for the players to organise themselves.

Genesis has been in my blood since 1976 and they remain my all time favourite band.

Back in 1977, I put a Genesis tribute band together with double drummers for a school show - it brought the house down and suddenly made me a hit with the girls! (grin)

I feel privileged to have worked with them and as a result, to have seen them around 100 or so times, so many happy memories.

I must dig out some of my tour shots and add them to my website sometime.

Indeed it is shame about the distance, but tell me more when you can.

Great stuff Cuban!

I got into Genesis/Phil Collins in mid 80's when I was a teen ( I love the Gabriel era as well). This band/ Phil Collins changed my life! I started drumming and never looked back! I had the privilege to meet Phil many times and He is AMAZING, an absolute gentleman! It's amazing how He remembers his fans and now at his/G gigs he always gives me a smile, wink or wave (I am always front row of course! hehe).Tony and Mike are great too.

I used to have a tribute band in the mid 90's till 2002 called Invisible Touch. I still grieve it's demise...

I've seen G/Phil Collins on every tours since 87 and I travel all around the world too see them. Truly they are on a totally different platform from any other band/drummer imo.

I am meeting a drummer tomorrow, so let's see if he is to become "my" Chester !

In any case I'll keep u posted.

Best to you

Phildas

I thought your name rang a bell, so had checked out some videos and came across IT etc.
I recall IT, although sadly never saw you.

Your PC kit looked and sounded great, nice playing too.
Awesome deal you got as weel. The £ vs $ was awesome in 2007, I brought car over for the same reason.

Anyway, I hope 'your' Chester works out for you!

Back