DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM   

Go Back   DRUMMERWORLD OFFICIAL DISCUSSION FORUM > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion forum for all drum related topics. Use this forum to exchange ideas and information with your fellow drummers.

Old 10-25-2016, 02:29 PM
Gold Member

Default London Drum Show 12th & 13th November 2016

Time is nearly upon us for this years event, can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away now (not that I'm counting or anything...) looking forward to catching up with people there and drooling over gear.

Who's going? What are you looking forward to seeing there?

Drummer-wise- I can't wait for the Mark Guiliana masterclass on the main stage and seeing Steve White in the education zone and Colin Woolway on the technique stage, all on the saturday.

Going to try and soak up as much as possible this year so seriously debating getting a ticket for the Sunday also and spending a few hours there before a gig I have that evening in the city with the band. One day happens to fly past way too quickly and I come home realising I've missed stuff I meant to check out in detail.

Can't wait
Old 10-25-2016, 03:21 PM

Default Re: London Drum Show 12th & 13th November 2016

Bugger- looks like I am going to miss it again this year as I am away.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniper View Post
Colin Woolway on the technique stage, all on the saturday.
I spent a nice evening with Colin a few weeks ago. A more interesting & pleasant guy you couldn't wish to meet.

Unfortunately, I won't be exhibiting at the show this year. First time we've missed it since it's inception. A shame, but it is what it is. There's multiple reasons for this decision that I won't go into at this time.

I won't even be visiting the show, as I have alternative arrangements. I'll miss meeting everyone there, & hope all have a great time.

Andy.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:00 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I spent a nice evening with Colin a few weeks ago. A more interesting & pleasant guy you couldn't wish to meet.

Unfortunately, I won't be exhibiting at the show this year. First time we've missed it since it's inception. A shame, but it is what it is. There's multiple reasons for this decision that I won't go into at this time.

I won't even be visiting the show, as I have alternative arrangements. I'll miss meeting everyone there, & hope all have a great time.

Andy.
Ah boll*cks, was looking forward to seeing you there Andy. Will be strange without you and the stand there, to say the least.

Gutted.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:08 PM
Platinum Member

I was umming and aahing about going, and I was still undecided as to whether I'd go to the show itself or just hook up with everybody for a meal and a couple of pints afterwards, but I have a gig now so that's made my mind up for me :(

Colin is one of my heroes. I'd hoped to get him to come to MADgeFest but he was on holiday. Shall try again next year - you never know! He's one of the funniest people I've ever met, and he's not too shabby behind the kit either ;)

Ladies & gentlemen, I've suffered for my art. Now it's your turn (Neil Innes)
Old 10-25-2016, 06:25 PM
Platinum Member

Not going this year I'm afraid. Need to try and save the money. Might be moving soon...

Would have been lovely to see everybody as ever but I can't justify it for another year, especially as Guru et al. won't be there. Had a smashing time last year at least!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:46 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Ah boll*cks, was looking forward to seeing you there Andy. Will be strange without you and the stand there, to say the least.

Gutted.
I'm gutted too, but unfortunately, circumstances have dictated my decision. No afterparty this year to the best of my knowledge either. That was one of my personal show highlights - so many musician & industry friends there :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
especially as Guru et al. won't be there.
Thanks Duncan. The Guru stand is almost an LDS institution, & I took that into account when making my decision, but I still decided to abstain. My recent injury / operation feeds into this too. LDS is hard work!
Old 10-25-2016, 11:59 PM
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magenta View Post
I was umming and aahing about going, and I was still undecided as to whether I'd go to the show itself or just hook up with everybody for a meal and a couple of pints afterwards, but I have a gig now so that's made my mind up for me :(

Colin is one of my heroes. I'd hoped to get him to come to MADgeFest but he was on holiday. Shall try again next year - you never know! He's one of the funniest people I've ever met, and he's not too shabby behind the kit either ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BacteriumFendYoke View Post
Not going this year I'm afraid. Need to try and save the money. Might be moving soon...

Would have been lovely to see everybody as ever but I can't justify it for another year, especially as Guru et al. won't be there. Had a smashing time last year at least!
Well this sucks also. This years show is less appealing now without you all there.

Roll on Madgefest 2017 in this case.
Old 10-27-2016, 08:39 AM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Roll on Madgefest 2017 in this case.
We'll start planning it in the New Year, shall we? If I'm not mistaken, Henri has already started working on the new logo!

Ladies & gentlemen, I've suffered for my art. Now it's your turn (Neil Innes)
Old 10-27-2016, 10:12 AM
Renegade

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
The Guru stand is almost an LDS institution, & I took that into account when making my decision, but I still decided to abstain. My recent injury / operation feeds into this too. LDS is hard work!
I didn't know about the latest injuries. Sorry to hear that. It's a real shame that you can't do the Guru stand this year, although maybe it will be nice at least to not be working your bum off, for once.

Even though I only live a tad down the road/ocean, I'll be skipping again this year.
Old 11-10-2016, 08:16 PM
Gold Member

Not long now

Excited yet again