First Post -Pearl Reference Pure (Matte Walnut) - Pearl Brass Free Floating Snare

perrydegennaro

Hey all,

Been reading around here for a while so I finally took some time to post some nice pictures of my kit :)

If any of you are on the Pearl Drummers Forum you would have seen this kit and the custom ICON racks I built before.

Feedback appreciated! :)

Perry

Attachments

• Ref_Pure-1.jpg
    Ref_Pure-1.jpg
    850.9 KB · Views: 6,215
  • Ref_Pure-2.jpg
    Ref_Pure-2.jpg
    781.2 KB · Views: 1,978
  • Ref_Pure-3.jpg
    Ref_Pure-3.jpg
    925.6 KB · Views: 2,782
  • Ref_Pure-4.jpg
    Ref_Pure-4.jpg
    917 KB · Views: 2,095
  • Ref_Pure-5.jpg
    Ref_Pure-5.jpg
    663.9 KB · Views: 1,605
  • Ref_Pure-6.jpg
    Ref_Pure-6.jpg
    844.7 KB · Views: 1,454
  • Ref_Pure-8.jpg
    Ref_Pure-8.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Ref_Pure-7.jpg
    Ref_Pure-7.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 1,298
  • Ref_Pure-10.jpg
    Ref_Pure-10.jpg
    765.3 KB · Views: 2,004
  • Ref_Pure-11.jpg
    Ref_Pure-11.jpg
    793.6 KB · Views: 2,248
Hey that's really pretty! How long did it take for you to get that finish? I ordered mine in piano black, and although I got my bass drum and two floors in about a month, I had to wait almost five months to get my 8x12 rack tom.

It was worth it though.

Hey that's really pretty! How long did it take for you to get that finish? I ordered mine in piano black, and although I got my bass drum and two floors in about a month, I had to wait almost five months to get my 8x12 rack tom.

It was worth it though.

This kit was built and shipped to me in Australia in just over 3 weeks! Amazing turn around :)

Gorgeous set for sure. Do those Pearl mounts have a ball and socket anywhere for infinite placement? All of the adjustable pieces look as if they only move in one plane.

Nice stuff, hell of a set ya got there. I wondered that myself what GRUNTERSDAD asked you.

Gorgeous set for sure. Do those Pearl mounts have a ball and socket anywhere for infinite placement? All of the adjustable pieces look as if they only move in one plane.

The Pearl Tom arms are not on a ball-and-socket. But the drum can be rotated once on the arm. It takes a bit of a set-up but once you have and set it there, it never changes. It really is the Rogers Memriloc on steroids.

I just use a snare stand for my rack tom ;)

Nice looking kit and setup!....the matte walnut finish is a really nice finish as well...

Thanks mate! I believe this finish has been replaced with 'Antique Walnut' now... I could be mistaken though!

There's a couple of videos of it on my YouTube channel.

Sweet! I'll have a look :)

Looks very inviting. Super nice drums and set up. My Masterworks kit has been stacked in a corner too long, gonna have to blow the dust off and set them up again.

Thanks very much! You definitely should! Would love to see! :)

Thanks mate!

Nice stuff, hell of a set ya got there. I wondered that myself what GRUNTERSDAD asked you.

Thanks King!

Matt pretty much nailed it with that description of the Pearl mounts. Once you get it set up perfectly, it's going to stay that way forever! :) Best mounts on the market in my opinion. I installed an optimount on my rack tom of my gigging kit (Gretsch Catalina Birch) and haven't looked back since! :)

Oh my gosh.

Beautiful set of drums !

Now these are great drums. Had I seen these, I would have been tempted to stay Pearl, and not switch to DW. Really sharp set.

What clamp do you have coming out of your far right rack bar? And what do you have it attached to? Is that an AX-25L or the Gibraltar clamp? ?

Nice finish on those.

I like separate cymbal stands, but the side racks you've got are a
nice compromise for running a lot of cymbals, compared to a full
rack which usually covers up some of the drums from the front view.

This kit was built and shipped to me in Australia in just over 3 weeks! Amazing turn around :)

3 weeks?

I was told 6 months just to get a replacement copper or stainless steel shell for my FF.

Has Pearl heard the word and changed their shipping policies?

3 weeks?

I was told 6 months just to get a replacement copper or stainless steel shell for my FF.

Has Pearl heard the word and changed their shipping policies?

I think it's because he's in Australia, maybe?

Back