Double bass

Sparkman

What are some songs with double bass in it?

If you want double bass listen to any song from Reign In Blood by Slayer. Also, you don't hear many extreme or thrash metal bands that don't use double bass. Hope that helped :)
(perhaps you could also try Slipknot, but they'e nu-metal EEEEEEW!)

If you want double bass listen to any song from Reign In Blood by Slayer. Also, you don't hear many extreme or thrash metal bands that don't use double bass. Hope that helped :)

They're not freaking nu-metal. Nu-metal is rap metal.
Listen to Slipknot, then Limp Bizbut. Miles apart.

Anyway, just about any metal band will. It's like.. just about any metal band.

Metal overlord is right, there is a difference between nu-metal and NEW metal. But yeah there are thousands and thousands of bands who use double bass. I think half my collection of music must be by a band with some sort of double bass in it.

They're not freaking nu-metal. Nu-metal is rap metal.
Listen to Slipknot, then Limp Bizbut. Miles apart.

Anyway, just about any metal band will. It's like.. just about any metal band.
I think they are nu-metal. Disturbed are nu-metal and they don't rap (I think...)

I heartily disagree. Rap metal is rap metal. Slipknot, is a leader in nu-metal.

I don't see how Slipknot is nu-metal.
It's nothing like rap. Honestly... people take genres so stereotypically.
Does that make Biohazard and Anthrax nu-metal? No.
Nu metal is "metal with a rap influence" and also "same, repetitive guitar riffs."

Rap metal is Limp Bizcut or Korn, or even Linkin Park. Slipknot has been stereotyped out of their minds and somehow classified under "nu-metal".
Listen to the song "All Hope is Gone" then listen to anything by Linkin Park (they guest star rappers now).

And then you tell me who has a rap influence in their music.

Last edited:
I don't see how Slipknot sounds anything near rap. Sure, they have a mixer guy...
but it's nothing like rap. Honestly...
Does that make Biohazard and Anthrax nu-metal? No.

Rap metal is Limp Bizcut or Korn, or even Linkin Park. Slipknot has been stereotyped out of their minds and somehow classified under "nu-metal".
Listen to the song "All Hope is Gone" then listen to anything by Linkin Park (they guest star rappers now).

And then you tell me who has a rap influence in their music.

Linkin Park has always featured Mike Shinoda in the band, ever since it was conceived many a year ago. It's even why their FIRST album was called "Hybrid Theory", a hybrid of rock and rap elements. By no means has the rappage been only recently.

Linkin Park has always featured Mike Shinoda in the band, ever since it was conceived many a year ago. It's even why their FIRST album was called "Hybrid Theory", a hybrid of rock and rap elements. By no means has the rappage been only recently.

Hey I don't know...
I don't listen to them.

I'm not bashing them, I'm just saying they have a huge rap influence while Slipknot is little to none.

Rap metal is Limp Bizcut or Korn, or even Linkin Park.

Um...while this argument is largely pointless, I must interject in the name of accuracy to point out that Korn have always had vocals that are sung. Not even growled. Rap is the exception. Limp Bizkit started with mainly rap and moved to more sung vocals later on, as did Papa Roach, but Korn have singing.

I think it will take historians about two hundred years to work out what the hell nu metal is.

As I lay Dying. - 94 Hours

Mudvanye - Dig

Arch Enemy - We will rise

Lamb Of God - Ruin

Children Of Bodom - Bed Of Razors

those are just random songs I thought of off the top of my head...every bodom has pretty much has double bass.

Well, even some new Judas Priest. Demonizer, Painkiller (thats a big one)...

Divine Heresy...if you REALLY like your double bass, lol.

What about older great double bass drummers?

Double bass can be tastefully played as well, it does no have to be full throttle all the time

Andy Parker - UFO
Neil Peart - RUSH
Tommy Aldridge - Pat Travers, Ozzy Osborne, Whitesnake and many more.
Gavin Harrison - Porcupine Tree
Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater
Ginger Baker - Cream
Doane Perry - Jethro Tull
Steve Smith - Journey
John Panozzo - STYZ
Phil Earhart - Kansas
Gill Moore- Triumph
Alex Van Hallen ...

Just to name a few.

Back