my sad story... Drumming v/s girl's love

sometimes... U take the help of love.. To kill love..
Same is happening with me.

I am a passionate drummer.. Like 1000's of you out there.. Maybe a bit junior to you all.. But still a drummer.
Drumming is my first successful love. Nothing captured my heart as much as it did. Allways kept me satisfied watsoever. Even i used to love my tama swingstars a lot. Still do. My love for drumming developed in resent 2-3 years.. Since then.. All days were happy.. Cheerful.. because first time... I experienced a love.. Which actually gives no sorrow... jus happiness..( which all other past love.. Failed to).. Well then..

A phase came in my life.. 9 months back.. Where my neighbours started complaining about my noise. I tried to find a solution.. All failed. i couldnt practice.. Rather romance wid my love anymore.. She just used to lie across the room.. Alone.. Lonely.. Tuned down.. Covered with rugs. Still red hot.. Even tears used to roll down my eyes... Seeing this torture..
So i packed her. And shifted her to store room.

Took a few days.. To get out of her.. But then.. A transformation took place in my life.
Since i paused drumming.. My mind.. Heart.. Soul.. Which was once satisfied by my true love.. now begain to wonder like ghosts.. Totally restless.. Sad.. Dejected.. They needed to be pacified..

In such a critical state of mind.. I fell in love wid a girl... Who actually.. Pacified my vacant place for drumming.. Her love... Made me feel as satisfied.. As it was before wid my swingstars..

Days passed.. Drumming kept on decreasin its impact... N her love went on overpowering my heart.. Mind.. And soul...

Totally intoxicated in her love.. I used to go to any damn limit... Which once i used to for drumming..

But unfortunately... I realized.. That the girl was playing wid me... With my heart.. She cheated me...
and left me alone...

Since that day.. Till now.. My heart mind and soul are wondering like ghosts... Making my life worth hell to live... I am feeling as looser as never before...

Few days back.. I saw my practice pad.. Lying across the bed...
stairing at it, a deep thought popped in my mind.

"Is it because you got apart from ur 1st true love.. That your life became so empty and you were diverted to the wrong path blindly.. Just in the search of another true love to fill in the vacant place??

Is it the vacancy in ur life due to the pause in drumming.. That made you give a shit to such a bloody bitch??
Yes!"

Yess!! !!
Because when i was indulged in drumming.. None of girls no matter howsoever hot or attractive could attract my devotion from drumming.. Because i really loved it!..
Just the blood circumstances.. Sound problems.. Gave a random bitch.. A chance to tresspass my life!

So i decided to get into drumming once again.. Fighting the sound problems... By searching for a suitable room for rent.. Which i am still searching for

But then... The main question that arises is...

DOES DRUMMING REALLY HOLD THE POTENSIAL.. TO DESTROY ONE'S SUCH DEEP LOVE FOR A BITCH BABE.??
CAN AN IN-ANIMATE LOVE FIGHT AGAINST A FLESH BLOODED LOVE?
CAN DRUMSTICKS TEAR APART THAT BITCH'S DAMPEING ON MY HEART, REACH TO THE CORE.. AND HIT A POWERFUL RIMSHOT THERE?

CAN ONE'S LOVE FOR DRUMMING.. HOLD THAT POWER?

What a drama - but in fact: nothing happened....just life. Will take you some time to realize: business as usual...

Bernhard

Just remember,the drums can only hurt you if they fall on you.

Most people have a story that has similarities with yours. It's part of growing up and life. Stand up, shoulders back, move on. The pain goes away with every hour of paradiddling.

Good luck.

GJS

So true. This just means now you can play the blues with the required amount of conviction. Buck up, brave little toaster!

Hmmm... the OP was somewhat lyrical in his prose...

I hear it now.

(strums an A-D-E blues progression)

sometimes... U take the help of love. Ohhhhh, sometimes... U take the help of love. Well the same thing, baby is happening with me. (bum dum da bum bum.)

I am a passionate drummer.. Like 1000's of you out there. Ohhhhh, I am a passionate drummer.. Like 1000's of you out there. Maybe a bit junior to you all.. But still a drummer so you oughtta care.

It's catchy. It's sincere. It's got a lot of that heart-wrenching angst. I could build a whole album on this! That's talent!

Take heart my young friend, I am getting divorced after seventeen years of marriage with a home and children involved in it. However, I have been drumming on and off for over thirty years and my interest in it is as strong as ever.
And as much as I have abused it over the decades, it just won't leave me!

Gotta be strong there my friend. Girls come and go and some of them rip our hearts out in their way. And it seems to happen to most of us. I too was cheated and brokenhearted by a girl.. a lot of time being sad and depressed.. but after some time, the pain went away. It always does.

It will take some time and it surely will be tough, but trust me, you are going to get over it, and with drumming on your side, even faster. There's nothing like music to heal the soul.

For now, go buy yourself a new pair of sticks, try to get a teacher, or some Tommy Igoe DVD, or some drumming books or whatever and work the hell out off that practice pad. You're gonna feel great. ;)

Cheer up, this is just how life works. :)

No worries, you will get rid of the blue mood...life goes on! c'est la vi!

ironically, when you get older- being a musician- you'll start chasing evil women on purpose, because that pain is great for song writing ;-)

To paraphrase Steven Wright,

'I never even thought about killing myself until I fell in love'

Back