Recommend me a new kit!

Lickety Britches

I've always had intermediate level kits and I'd like to finally step up to something a little better. I'm looking to spend maybe $1500 max. I'd prefer birch and probably a smaller sized kick (like a 20"). I've looked at a lot of different options but I'm just not quite sure what would be the best option. any suggestions?

Do you already have hardware and cymbals or are they coming out of the 1500 budget?

Tama StarClassic BB, its going to be tought to find a 20" kick but i did. I played DW before this kit and its every bit as good if not better.

A Premier Genista(current) could be a good option. They have alot of options, including a shellpack with a 20'' kick. Cheers :)

Ideally I'd like a 2 up 2 down config, but could manage with a 2u1d or a 1u2d. i have cymbals and hardware. Thanks so much for your suggestions!

....thanks. I lurk here all the time but my problem is that there are so many options I've read about on here that its been kind of over load and I wanted to ask about my particular situation and get it straight from the horse's mouth

I have a Yamaha Stage Custom Birch kit and I love it. Great sound and a great value for your dollar. I have the 10 12 16 22 configuration. I got it from American Musical Supply for $650 back in 2011. It came with a snare stand included.

That said, I think that the Yamaha Rock Tour kit that is being discontinued and discounted look like a great deal. They're made from mahogany (real mahogany, not the cheap luan) and people rave about the deep tone. Both kits are within your budget and would leave you with some cash for cymbals and heads.

Last edited:
Back