Bass drum batter heads

ted

How often do you guys change your bass drum heads? Batter heads specifically. What kind do you use and how often do you play?

Re: Bass drum heads

Don't mean to be that guy, but did you get the hint from your last thread being moved? You're posting in the wrong section.

How often do you guys change your bass drum heads? Batter heads specifically. What kind do you use and how often do you play?

I change mine right after the beater disappears through it. The last time this happened was a few weeks ago. My EMAD2 was sounding great and I was just playing and having a good time - then all of a sudden, my bass pedal vanished from under my foot.

For me, I can usually get about 5 - 6 months from my batter head, but sometimes my mileage may vary.

I don't know how long is too long. When it loses tone, just like other heads I suppose.

I've had mine on for about 3 years. Then, I play a lot of jazz and use the fluffy Vater Bomber beater. The head doesn't show any signs of wear. I have gone through a couple pieces of moleskin though.

Back