Standard millitary issue kit.

eddiehimself

Platinum Member
And no it isn't a battered up old premier cabria :p I actually thought i'd show off 1. my beautiful new snare drum and 2. my handiwork with a bif of camouflage fabric.

It's called a "santa fe" snare drum made out of 9 ply canadian maple, it was custom made in spain.

126a_0.jpg

e8b4_0.jpg

p1000926sm.jpg

I just love the look of all the hardware and especially this throw off! It sounds pretty good. I'll be sure to get sounds tomorrow.

p1000924sm.jpg

p1000925sm.jpg

p1000927sm.jpg

p1000928sm.jpg

I literally just did this yesterday and today i just felt like it. The annoying thing though is that i can't re finish my lower floor tom as it's dual shell design renders the hardware screws inaccesable. I would hate to think what i would do if a lug needed replacing. What's more is that the finish is in really bad nick on this drum and one of the reasons i did it was to tie the kit together! Before anyone says anything about "ruining my drums" or any of that CRAP i haven't done anything to permanantely damage it, if i wanted to sell these tomorrow i'd just take the fabric off and they'd be just like they were before.

Last edited:
Hakuna Matata dude!

Nice drums too. I like the creativity, but if I had Starclassics I would be to scared to screw things up. Great that you didn't screw up though, it really came out great.

The pictures are too big and i have to scroll around everywhere. Can you please repost them smaller, so they fit in a screen?

..ditto.

I like the finish.

I would like to do the same but in an Edmonton Oiler hockey team theme.

By the way. PETA has been informed that you are keeping some lion cubs trapped in your bass drum, and they will be sending somebody over to chain themself to your hi hat stand.

Barry

Looks good. Not for me, even an old Army codger, but if you use that then you have to get rid of the Lion King, or whatever, pillow in the bass drum.

FWIW: The aformentioned cabria was a donated kit, not issue. The chapel thrives on donations. The touring Air Force band(s) get a black Yamaha maple custom with a crisp supply of Aquarian heads all bought and paid for.

That kit looks like the thing for low visibility if you play outside against a sand-dune backdrop! The snipers will be confused.

"Where is that Infidel sound coming from????"

It looks pretty cool, but as GD said: not for me. I intend to take these uniforms and donate them to the salvation Army in a few months. No more camo-anything for me.

But again, it is a nice kit, and they did a great job of finishing it.

FWIW: The aformentioned cabria was a donated kit, not issue. The chapel thrives on donations. The touring Air Force band(s) get a black Yamaha maple custom with a crisp supply of Aquarian heads all bought and paid for.

That kit looks like the thing for low visibility if you play outside against a sand-dune backdrop! The snipers will be confused.

"Where is that Infidel sound coming from????"

It looks pretty cool, but as GD said: not for me. I intend to take these uniforms and donate them to the salvation Army in a few months. No more camo-anything for me.

But again, it is a nice kit, and they did a great job of finishing it.

I know it was just a little joke :p The next thing on my shopping list is definetly some new heads.

Haha yeah there were 2 options in terms of camo, the forest or the desert style camo and i think it just looks better even if the other style would have matched the snare better.

Fair enough if you don't like the pattern and also i'll say again thank you and guntersdad as well for your service and anyone else on here in the forces. As for the lion king pillow it was originally my sister's. She actually was still using these covers for her first year in university! It's for recording when i tried recording without there was a horrible frequency spike that sounded a bit like someone was hitting a metal plate or something. Trust me when i get some SCs up you'll know why i did it. In the same shop that i bought the fabric from there was foam in various different measurements so i might get some of that for frequency damping instead.

Finally trkdrmr, whos "they" :p I did the camo on the toms and the kick i just bought the snare drum.

I'll re size the pics when i get home and i'll try to get some recordings up too.

I know it was just a little joke :p The next thing on my shopping list is definetly some new heads.

Haha yeah there were 2 options in terms of camo, the forest or the desert style camo and i think it just looks better even if the other style would have matched the snare better.

Fair enough if you don't like the pattern and also i'll say again thank you and guntersdad as well for your service and anyone else on here in the forces. As for the lion king pillow it was originally my sister's. She actually was still using these covers for her first year in university! It's for recording when i tried recording without there was a horrible frequency spike that sounded a bit like someone was hitting a metal plate or something. Trust me when i get some SCs up you'll know why i did it. In the same shop that i bought the fabric from there was foam in various different measurements so i might get some of that for frequency damping instead.

Finally trkdrmr, whos "they" :p I did the camo on the toms and the kick i just bought the snare drum.

I'll re size the pics when i get home and i'll try to get some recordings up too.

Oh ok... I looked at it in the morning before a prerequisite 24 fluid ounces of coffee.

The camo thing: Something I have seen up close, every day for almost 26 years. It's one of those things I have grown weary of due to frequent contact.

It does look good though!

Oh ok... I looked at it in the morning before a prerequisite 24 fluid ounces of coffee.

The camo thing: Something I have seen up close, every day for almost 26 years. It's one of those things I have grown weary of due to frequent contact.

It does look good though!

Yeah i was thinking you'd say that and to be honest i'm not surprised.

Please, man, make your next acquisition a proper drum throne.

I WILL WHEN SOMEONE BUYS MY GUITAR OKAY!!!!!!?

I'm also going to get some new heads and some foam to hopefully damp out all of the nasty overtones you get in a bass drum whilst recording without damping the actual sound of the drum too much.

I have the same blanket you have on your chair. It's awesome.

Looks good, I did the same thing to my drums but with Giraffe Fur

Looks good. Not for me, even an old Army codger, but if you use that then you have to get rid of the Lion King, or whatever, pillow in the bass drum.

I too am old Army (well, not that old) and I LOVE IT, send them my way...hehehe

Nice looking kit Dude!

Interesting! Correct me if I'm wrong but...do you have the fabric wrapped up over the bearing edges? It looks like that's the case on the photo that includes one of your floor toms.

Interesting! Correct me if I'm wrong but...do you have the fabric wrapped up over the bearing edges? It looks like that's the case on the photo that includes one of your floor toms.

Yes basically i cut more than the length of the shell so it wouldn't be too short then i didn't cut all the way down to the bearing edge when i cut it down on the shell.

l_12eb41be4dfd48178cede29b2a296ece.jpg

Well after your years of nagging i've finally bought a drum throne and thus adjusted my setup accordingly. In case you are wondering i unwrapped the 14" so i could sell it but no-one wanted it so i kept it. Also i bought an A custom projection crash on eBay! Pics to come when i get it.

Back