eliminator or dw8000

Thedude

need opinions on these two pedals{double} Ive owned both brands so im not worried about quality just need some advice from players who have em.....these are my finalist no other pedals need apply......thanks!

I don't really like the 8000, I dont see why they have 3 very similar models. 4000,6000,8000 nothing is very good until the 5000 series. That's just my opinion though.

I would say go with the eliminator. I would recommend the DW 5000 if that was a choice.

Consider that the 8000 cam is pretty much all the Eliminator cams minus goofy pieces or increments. Also, the DW pedals have better bearings and the 8000's have the longboard option.

And look WAY cooler.

Last edited:
Consider that the 8000 cam is pretty much all the Eliminator cams minus goofy pieces or increments. Also, the DW pedals have better bearings and the 8000's have the longboard option.

And look WAY cooler.
Except that the 8000 is not all the Eliminator cams minus goofy pieces, not even close. The offset of the 8000 cam doesn't go as far as the purple and red cams of the Eliminator, and it can't increase in overall diameter, so it can't emulate the white cam.
And the Eliminator has the Power Shifter option.

Except that the 8000 is not all the Eliminator cams minus goofy pieces, not even close. The offset of the 8000 cam doesn't go as far as the purple and red cams of the Eliminator, and it can't increase in overall diameter, so it can't emulate the white cam.
And the Eliminator has the Power Shifter option.

Okay, fine, consider that DW pedals have better bearings and the 8000's have the longboard option.

And look WAY cooler.

Haven't played the new 8000 with the longboard feature yet, which is cool if it's not way up in the air like the old style one piece footboards, but I have 3 Pearl Eliminators and I love them and they are worth every penny.
The cams all feel different, and the ability to adjust the footboard forward or back is really nice too, and makes a difference.

The new 8000 looks cool in the pics, and it's great to play on gear you think looks cool, but the Elim isn't a POS, so I still feel pretty good about playing it.

I've had 2 of the Elims for over 4 years and they have been fantastic and I have had no problems whatsoever concerning quality or performance, and the latest one is just as great.

Okay, fine, consider that DW pedals have better bearings and the 8000's have the longboard option.

And look WAY cooler.
Bearings are neither expensive, nor too complicated to switch, and coolnes is in the eye of the beholder.

Not trying to diss the 8000, I'm just covering the strong sides of the Eliminator so the original poster can make an informed decision.

Bearings are neither expensive, nor too complicated to switch, and coolnes is in the eye of the beholder.

Not trying to diss the 8000, I'm just covering the strong sides of the Eliminator so the original poster can make an informed decision.

Why is everyone going to such lengths to dismantle my opinion of a more modern and expensively built pedal?

So i went ahead and got the eliminator. After trying the 8000 i just felt it was a wash, both felt good but of course the pearl was cheaper so why pay more ? Tried out the 9000 too but 500 bucks?..it didnt feel that great!

gonna set up the eliminator today hopefully all goes well, thanks for everones input.

I did some impulse buying this evening (impulse for me is when I research the item for only two months). I went to the music store and checked out the double Pearl demon drive and I bought the single pedal. In the future I can add to the left side if I so desire.

The pedal has very little friction and the energy to move the beater is transferred very efficiently from your foot. This means that you as a drummer can play stronger and longer. I do not know about the rest of you, but I get tired after playing too long. The only adjustment I made so far is that I made the spring looser.

Man Ive been messin with this pedal for a month now and still dont have it dialed in completly..tried out all the cams settled on red for awhile,,but now switched to blue and made some other adjustments..we'll see how that goes.

Back